Which TV Character are you Most Like Based on your Personality Type?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at York U chapter.

The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator is a personality questionnaire which determines a subject’s character based on 4-letter personality indicators. The test, created by Katharine Cook Briggs and her daughter Isabel Briggs Myers, is based on the Jungian concept that there are 4 principle psychological functions through which humans experience the world – sensation, intuition, feeling, and thinking. Carl Jung believed that one of these traits is more dominant in a person most of the time. According to MBTI, there are 16 total personality types. The official test includes over 90 questions, and you can take it here. Beware of websites that do not carry the name MTBI Online as these aren’t real assessments. Only the test available here will give you official results.

As someone who is obsessed with personality tests, I have combined two of my favourite things – MBTI and TV characters, and I have created a list of TV characters and their corresponding MBTI types. Check it out!

Source: Pixabay.com

INTJ​ – Introverted, Intuitive, Thinking, Judging

Forming only 2% of the population, strategic, hard-working, and analytical INTJs are one of the more rare MBTI types. Some of the TV characters who may fit this personality type are:

• Walter White (Breaking Bad)

• Hannibal Lecter (Hannibal)

• Cristina Yang (Grey’s Anatomy)

INTP – Introverted, Intuitive, Thinking, Perceiving 

INTPs, sometimes known as “The Logicians” are known for being quite analytical, as well as honest, straight-forward, and enthusiastic. Some of the TV characters who may fit this personality type are:

• Chloe O’Brien (24)

• Abed Nadir (Community)

• Brian Griffin (Family Guy)

ENTJ – Extroverted, Intuitive, Thinking, Judging

Driven, energetic, and natural born leaders, ENTJs make up 3% of the population. Some of the TV characters who may fit this personality type are:

• Frank Underwood (House of Cards)

• Tony Soprano (The Sopranos)

• Annalise Keating (How to Get Away with Murder)

ENTP – Extroverted, Intuitive, Thinking, Perceiving 

Known as “The Debater,” the quick-thinking and charismatic ENTPs love to play Devil’s Advocate. Some of the TV characters who may fit this personality type are:

• Jim Halpert (The Office)

• Tyrion Lannister (Game of Thrones)

• Felicity Smoak (Arrow)

INFJ – Introverted, Intuitive, Feeling, Judging

INFJs are one of the most rare types, making up less than 1% of the population. They are known for being creative, insightful, and altruistic. Some of the TV characters who may fit this personality type are:

• Jon Snow (Game of Thrones)

• Desmond Hume (Lost)

• Peter Petrelli (Heroes)

INFP – Introverted, Intuitive, Feeling, Perceiving 

The idealistic and very creative INFPs are known for being compassionate and dedicated. Some of the TV characters who may fit this personality type are:

• Fox Mulder (The X Files)

• Marshall Eriksen (How I Met Your Mother)

• Lexie Grey (Grey’s Anatomy)

ENFJ – Extroverted, Intuitive, Feeling, Judging 

Often known as “The Protagonist,” ENFJs are charming, selfless, and natural leaders. Some of the TV characters who may fit this personality type are:

• Daenarys Targaryen (Game of Thrones)

• Laurel Lance (Arrow)

• Regina Mills (Once Upon a Time)

ENFP – Extroverted, Intuitive, Feeling, Perceiving

As one of the more common personality types, ENFPs make up 7% of the population. They are known for being curious, energetic, and friendly. Some of the TV characters who may fit this personality type are:

• Jake Peralta (Brooklyn Nine-Nine)

• Lorelai Gilmore (Gilmore Girls)

• Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel Air)

ISTJ – Introverted, Sensing, Thinking, Judging

ISTJs are generally quiet and reserved individuals, who are also known for being honest and practical. Some of the TV characters who may fit this personality type are:

• Dana Scully (The X Files)

• Peggy Olsen (Mad Men)

• Rick Grimes (The Walking Dead)

ISFJ – Introverted, Sensing, Feeling, Judging 

ESFJs are a very common type, representing around 13% of the population. They are known for being loyal and enthusiastic, while having great personal skills. Some of the TV characters who may fit this personality type are:

• Burton “Gus” Guster (Psych)

• Pam Beesly (The Office)

• John Watson (Sherlock)

ESTJ – Extroverted, Sensing, Thinking, Judging

ESTJs, or “The Guardian,” are known for their dedication, reliability, and need for order and predictability. Some of the TV characters who may fit this personality type are:

• Claire Dunphy (Modern Family)

• Dwight Schrute (The Office)

• Donna Noble (Doctor Who)

ESFJ – Extroverted, Sensing, Feeling, Judging

Another common type are ESFJs, who make up 12% of the population. ESFJs are extremely social, dutiful, and compassionate. Some of the TV characters who may fit this personality type are:

• Monica Geller (Friends)

• Dean Winchester (Supernatural)

• Leslie Knope (Parks and Recreation)

ISTP – Introverted, Sensing, Thinking, Perceiving 

ISTPs are hands-on explorers. They are optimistic, spontaneous, and quite laid-back. Some of the TV characters who may fit this personality type are:

• Jack Bauer (24)

• Arya Stark (Game of Thrones)

• Emma Swan (Once Upon a Time)

ISFP – Introverted, Sensing, Feeling, Perceiving

ISFPs are known for being artists. They are imaginative, passionate, they love adventure. Some of the TV characters who may fit this personality type are:

• Kate Austen (Lost)

• Spike (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)

• Eleven (Stranger Things)

ESTP – Extroverted, Sensing, Thinking, Perceiving 

ESTPs are social butterflies – they are bold, blunt, and quite practical. Some of the TV characters who may fit this personality type are:

• Bart Simpson (The Simpsons)

• Callie Torres (Grey’s Anatomy)

• Sydney Bristow (Alias)

ESFP – Extroverted, Sensing, Feeling, Perceiving

Sometimes known as “The Entertainer,” ESFPs are the life of the party. They are fun, original, and love to perform for others. Some of the TV characters who may fit this personality type are:

• Gob Bluth (Arrested Development)

• Penny Hofstadter (The Big Bang Theory)

• Homer Simpson (The Simpsons)

So – do you agree with this list? What characters do you think share your MBTI type?

Sources:

Sam is a Cinema & Media Studies student at York University. She is passionate about LGBTQ+ issues, mental health, and intersectional feminism. She loves dogs and grilled cheese and knows way too much about pop culture.