Warm and Cozy Fall Room Decor Ideas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at York U chapter.

It’s that time of year again, when the leaves are turning colours; the weather is toasty in the morning and cool again in the night. Probably one of the best seasons of the year and it’s finally here, autumn!

Here are some fun and fall-themed room decor ideas that can help you spice up your room, or your house to get into the spirit of this beautiful season. 

Candles

Candles, candles, candles everywhere! They’re the quickest and one of the cheapest ways to get into the spirit of any season or festivity. Bath and Body Works sells a large number of candles all ranging from $10 to $45 with over 50 choices of scents. Light up a candle in your room or any part of your home and enjoy the sweet smells of fall. 

My personal favourite is Champagne Toast–a three wick candle that can last for the entire season. With the sweet smell of vanilla and warm toast, what could go wrong? This candle sells for $24.50, and leaves your desired space smelling wonderful for days!

Photo of Champagne Toast 3 Wick Candle from Bath and Body Works

Throw Pillows/ Blankets

Look around you! Everything is different hues of red and brown. So why not add a pop of burnt orange or maroon to your room? How? It’s simple! A throw blanket! As the weather gets cooler in the evening, turn on that fireplace and grab a nice autumn-y fuzzy blanket and enjoy. 

If you wanna go one step further get a matching throw pillow! Who doesn’t love a little pop of colour in their simple room? This technique is very easy and definitely gets you into the fall mood. Amazon sells fuzzy throw blankets for as low as $12.99 and they are as warm and soft as ever!

Photo of Orange Fleece Blanket from Amazon

String Lights

String lights are all over Tumblr, Pinterest, and Youtube right now, and why shouldn’t they be? They’re the perfect fall decor piece! Most string lights come in various lengths. So, go ahead and customize them according to what place you want to put them in! 

Chapters Indigo sells a variety of lights in various colours and lengths. They start at about $15 up to $45. These lights are cute, festive, and unlike a christmas tree, can be kept all year round. Hang up some lights in you room! Go crazy!

Photo of White String Lights available on Shopify

Bring the Outside In

One way to bring in the fall spirit is to literally bring in the fall season. Bring in some of those leaves that are falling all over your front lawn and place them on your dining table. This allows for some nice fresh scents into your home as well as warm tones to complement your fall spirit. 

If you want to go the extra mile (and i know you do), take those leaves from outside and glue them onto a blank campus and create some beautiful fall themed art. The best part of this artwork is that you can keep it for next fall as well.

Photo of Fall Decor from Country Living

These were just a few ways you can spruce up your room or home to help you get into the spirit of the fall season! If you decide you wanna try any of these ideas or come up with ideas of your own, send us a picture with the hashtag #HerCampusYorkU on Twitter or Instagram!

Just your average girl writing about some above average content 
Wilfrid Laurier University Alumna - BA Honours History & Minor in Sociology and Religion and Culture. York University B.Ed. Her Campus York U Campus Correspondent/ HSA Advisor/ Chapter Advisor.  When I'm not leading the team, advising, or writing you'll find me watching any and every reality T.V show or re-runs of Friends and Gilmore Girls. Semi-classy wine lady who thinks pineapple on pizza is a crime.