This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at York U chapter.

Larissa is one of our lovely writers at Her Campus York University. I asked her some special questions to get to know her better!

Name: Larissa

Age: 24

Major: Screenwriting

Hometown: Sarnia, ON

What is one childhood memory that you will never forget?

The time I got to see the first Harry Potter movie with the Detroit Pistons. It was wild. Though I was more psyched about the free books I got out of it.

Who was your role model(s) growing up and why?

My mom, as cliché as that sounds. She’s an incredibly hard worker and never gives up no matter how hard things gets.  

Do you have any family traditions? If so, what were they?

There’s only one family tradition I can think of and it’s that everyone in my family opens one gift each on Christmas Eve.

If you had unlimited funds to build a house that you would live in for the rest of your life, what would the finished house be like?

I’m thinking something like a Victorian-style house, 4000 sq. ft. max. It would have an open concept main floor, a large library/study and a huge master bedroom. And hardwood floors! None of that carpet nonsense.

Where is the one place you’ve always wanted to go to?

St. Lucia! It looks so peaceful and beautiful there.

What would your ideal room look like?

Honestly, I’m not too picky, just something with a comfy window nook and a nice color scheme.

What job do you think you’ll be terrible at?

Anything involving math. Math and I don’t get along at all.

What job do you think you’d be really good at?

Hopefully screenwriting. Though I’d probably be pretty good at some other facet of film like editing or something in the art department.

What skill would you like to master?

It’s not that big of a deal but being able to mix paint well enough to color-match perfectly.

We are lucky to have Larissa on our team as a writer. Stay tuned for her insightful and mind-opening articles. If you or someone you know would like to join the Her Campus team, apply online to learn more about how you can get involved. 

Sam is a Cinema & Media Studies student at York University. She is passionate about LGBTQ+ issues, mental health, and intersectional feminism. She loves dogs and grilled cheese and knows way too much about pop culture.