Everything You Need to Know about Kylie Jenner’s Pregnancy Reveal

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at York U chapter.

The American reality television star Kylie Jenner revealed her newborn’s name, Stormi Webster, on social media on February 4th, 2018. According to The Sun, the name was “first registered in the United States in 1975, there are over 6,000 children named Stormi around the world.” It is also reported that the meaning behind the name is because the child is a “free-hearted spirit who cares about all. Stormi trusts only few and has the biggest heart.” The significance to this meaning can be true for mamma Kylie who only trusted close friends and family to keep her pregnancy a secret.

Source: Mirror

Is Travis Scott the father?

Kylie’s ex Tyga responded to reports, saying, “That’s my kid.” According to The Sun, Tyga also shared a report about Kylie’s pregnancy writing “Hell nah that’s my kid” on Snapchat.  Reports are claiming that Tyga is demanding a paternity test on Stormi. Clearly there are some unresolved issues there but Travis Scott is written as a parent on the birth certificate.   

Source: nintchdbpict000383711631.jpg

Source : Kylie’s Instagam 

Why was Kylie’s pregnancy kept a secret?

In recent posts on Instagram and twitter Kylie explains why she kept her fans in the dark. The star wrote that her “pregnancy was one [she] chose not to do in front of the world… to prepare for [a] role of a lifetime in the most positive, stress free and healthy way” possible. She goes on to describe her pregnancy being the “most beautiful, empowering and life changing experience.” Kylie also posted a video on her YouTube channel entitled “To Our Daughter.” This video tells the ‘pregnancy tale’ all fans have been dying to know.    

All fans are congratulating Kylie and wishing her the best on her new journey as a mother. Be sure to check out Kylie’s video for a more in depth look at her pregnancy!  

Sam is a Cinema & Media Studies student at York University. She is passionate about LGBTQ+ issues, mental health, and intersectional feminism. She loves dogs and grilled cheese and knows way too much about pop culture.