Cutest Red Lipsticks for Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at York U chapter.

Valentine’s Day is almost here which means it’s the perfect time to wear red lipstick. From matte liquid lipsticks to satin finishes, I’ve found the best lipsticks to wear for V-Day.

Matte Lipstick

Via Instagram

Matte lipsticks have been super popular over the past couple of years because of how pigmented they can be and how long-lasting they are. My favourite matte lipsticks are MAC’s Retro Matte lipstick in Ruby Woo and in Relentlessly Red. I also love a good liquid matte lipstick, especially for a night out! My favourite long-lasting ones are Stila’s Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Fiery and Kat Von D’s Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Outlaw.

Lip Gloss

Via Instagram

For something more casual you can always wear a fun lip gloss. If you want something that’s not sticky but still has some pigment check out Sephora’s Rouge Infusion lip stains and Colourpop’s Ultra Glossy Lip in Imagine.

Lip Pencil

Via Instagram

Lip pencils are super easy to put on and they have a wide variety of finishes such as matte, satin, creamy and metallic. For a matte pencil try NARS’ Velvet Matte Pencil in Cruella or NUDESTIX’s Intense Matte Lip + Cheek Pencil in Stiletto. For something that has a bit more of a shine to it, check out Bite Beauty’s Matte Crème Lip Crayon in Cognac or Clinique’s Chubby Stick Intense Moisturizing Lip Colour in Heftiest Hibiscus.

Have a lovely Valentine’s Day!

Melissa is a fifth-year student in Communications and Psychology at Glendon College (York University). She enjoys reading, writing, going shopping and watching reality television shows with her friends. Her dream is to work in entertainment PR and to live in London, England.   
Wilfrid Laurier University Alumna - BA Honours History & Minor in Sociology and Religion and Culture. York University B.Ed. Her Campus York U Campus Correspondent/ HSA Advisor/ Chapter Advisor.  When I'm not leading the team, advising, or writing you'll find me watching any and every reality T.V show or re-runs of Friends and Gilmore Girls. Semi-classy wine lady who thinks pineapple on pizza is a crime.