5 Awesome Ways to Treat Yourself During Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at York U chapter.

It’s that time of the year again, and you’re probably pretty stressed studying for upcoming finals. I am a strong believer in treating yourself after studying hard for your exam, so I will give you 5 ways you can pamper yourself after finals!

Buy Yourself a Treat

I always buy myself a hot fudge brownie or an oat fudge bar from Starbucks whenever I finish finals. Chocolate is one of the cures to stress, but you can choose your own poison.

Photo by Pixabay from Pexels

Watch a Funny Movie

Laughing is a great stress reliever, and definitely helps after finishing an exam. A comedy is also a good way to relieve stress, but any type of movie that could take your mind off of all the stress is a nice gift to yourself.

Photo by Pixabay from Pexels

Take A Long Nap

After finals, taking a nap would be the most amazing thing to do. This is a good chance to catch up on all the sleep that you missed while studying and doing assignments. Take the longest nap that you need! You won’t even have to worry about missing class.

Photo by fujikama from Pixabay

Relax

Take a personal day to just do whatever your heart desires. Order in some food, make some cookies, or just stay in bed and watch movies all day. Whatever you do to relax and unwind, this is YOUR day.

Photo by Pixabay from Pexels

Take a Break from Technology

Taking a break from technology could put your mind at ease and helps you focus on yourself. This could also be a good opportunity to have some bonding time with your friends and family. For myself, I never have time to see my family or friends since I am so busy with the school year. So, putting technology down for a few hours is a good way to relax for me.

Photo by rawpixel from Pixabay

Good luck with your finals. Remember, always reward yourself for doing such amazing hard work, you deserve it!

Wilfrid Laurier University Alumna - BA Honours History & Minor in Sociology and Religion and Culture. York University B.Ed. Her Campus York U Campus Correspondent/ HSA Advisor/ Chapter Advisor.  When I'm not leading the team, advising, or writing you'll find me watching any and every reality T.V show or re-runs of Friends and Gilmore Girls. Semi-classy wine lady who thinks pineapple on pizza is a crime.