This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at York U chapter.

Ah, the sweet sight of pearly white snow is upon us yet again! Yup, it’s that time of year again, when you start to wear a gazillion layers just so you don’t freeze your butt off from a five-minute walk to your class. This year, let’s make things a little easier and get you more prepared for the winter with some of this year’s winter must haves!  

Skinny Jeans 

Skinny jeans are perfect for winter as their streamlined silhouette allow you to layer multiple items on top for some extra warmth! Wear them with flat heel booties and a leather jacket in the day or pointed toe heels and a silk drape top for a night out on the town. These go-to pants can do no wrong. It’s a win-win!

Cashmere Sweater

Nothing says off-duty chic like a cashmere crewneck sweater. This sophisticated piece can be as easy to dress up as it is to dress down. This sweater looks great with a collared shirt protruding from underneath and goes with everything including mini-skirts, jeans, printed trousers and leather pants. With any look you want, this sweater is your best friend!

Boots 

Warm and chic– the perfect winter combination! Over the knee boots can be dressed down with jeans and a jumper for a casual daytime look, or glammed up with a skirt or mini dress at night. Ankle boots are a perennial wardrobe staple. Ever so stylish and versatile, this shoe never seems to get old. Pair with a dress and tights in the day or finish off any going out look.

A Statement Coat

In winter, your outerwear is the most important aspect of your wardrobe, so why not make a statement? A statement coat will add a pop of colour to any neutral or all-black outfit and let people know you’re ready for the winter!

Scarves 

We all knew this would be on the list! Scarves are so trendy and easy to piece into an outfit. Wearing all black? Throw on a statement scarf just to add that small dash of colour! Into neutral tones? No problem! Throw on a red scarf and get going! They are so easy, fun and stylish, so who wouldn’t’t want to incorporate them into their winter wardrobe this year? (The answer: no one!)

There you have it, some essential winter must haves for the upcoming winter months. These tips will help your winter be just that much more bearable (and fashionable) and it’s so easy! Most of us own half of these things already, so why not utilize those clothes that are just collecting dust in the back corner of your messy closet? Make this winter something memorable by dressing to impress!

Just your average girl writing about some above average content 
Wilfrid Laurier University Alumna - BA Honours History & Minor in Sociology and Religion and Culture. York University B.Ed. Her Campus York U Campus Correspondent/ HSA Advisor/ Chapter Advisor.  When I'm not leading the team, advising, or writing you'll find me watching any and every reality T.V show or re-runs of Friends and Gilmore Girls. Semi-classy wine lady who thinks pineapple on pizza is a crime.