Things to look forward to this Thanksgiving

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at YCP chapter.

Post-Halloween is definitely my favorite time of year. It’s when the holiday season officially begins. I’ve always been a big christmas person, so I love it when they start putting the decorations up (it’s never too early people). However, thanksgiving has always offered its own special kind of excitement. Some people may just see it as a pathway to christmas (they aren’t wrong), but I also think it is a wonderful time to celebrate togetherness. Here are my favorite parts of Thanksgiving:

1. Going Home!

I obviously can’t speak for everyone but the most exciting thing about thanksgiving for me is definitely flying home. I haven’t been home since going to college so break cannot come soon enough.

2. FOOD

Personally, I really like thanksgiving food! I especially enjoy pecan pie and sweet potato casserole. Regardless, at the end of the day nothing beats mom’s cooking.

3. Family

Now that my family is starting to all spread apart for college and grad school it’s nice when we all get to come together as a family again.

4. Thanksgiving TV specials

My personal favorite is Charlie Brown’s thanksgiving with snoopy making toast, popcorn and jelly beans. However, I like it when all my favorite shows put their own spin on a thanksgiving special.

5. Pumpkin flavored things

Pumpkin pie, pumpkin spice lattes, Pumpkin biscotti, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin cheesecake pumpkin everything….unfortunate if you don’t like pumpkin.

6. Thanksgiving Day parade

I always like waking up to the parade on Thanksgiving morning.

7. Black Friday

100% my favorite part of thanksgiving. I love shopping and it’s always better when it doesn’t break the bank, especially as a broke college student. The black friday emails are already overwhelming me.

Happy Early Thanksgiving!…less than 2 weeks away!