Products To Get You Through Cold and Flu Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at YCP chapter.

We know that Spring is awesome in itself. However, allergy season, as well as cold and flu season, are in full swing. Here are some must-have products for everyone that will definitely help you out and make you more comfortable!

Theraflu

This stuff is absolutely amazing! You just mix it in with hot water, and try to drink the whole thing within 10-15 minutes of becoming a safe temperature. It clears up your sinuses because of the hot water, and it tastes amazing, especially since it’s flavored by Lipton!! There are also different varieties for different cold and flu symptoms, the Multi-Symptom one is my favorite.

Emergen-C

Use this either as an extra immune-system boost or as a protective measure against the common cold. The good thing is also that you can’t overdose on Vitamin C, since you just pee out whatever your body needs! Just one packet give you about 10 days worth of needed Vitamin C!

Mucinex (consult your doctor or the health center in order to find the kind that works for you!)

Clears your sinuses, check.

Make you less snotty, check.

Makes you cough less, check.

Gets you better, faster, check.

Enough said.

Tea bags in flavors that you like!

This is kind of a given, but it’s nice to drink tea before bed to relax your body into sleep, especially with flavors like Chamomile and Ginger tea.

Melatonin gummies to help you sleep better at night (Again, consult your doctor beforehand)

With just 10mg of Melatonin, it makes it easier for you to fall asleep and stay asleep for longer. Especially when you’re sick and congested, it’s hard to get comfortable when it’s harder to breathe. So this helps the tossing and turning part of falling asleep. Just take the required dose, prop your head up on a few pillows, and get ready for some sound sleep!

Vapor Rub

Simple enough, but don’t just put it on your throat or neck! Go ahead and dab a little bit right underneath your nose before you go to sleep, and your sinuses will clear up quite a bit while you’re trying to get to sleep.

Chapstick!

It’s always good to have a few sticks around, but especially when it’s cold outside, it’s better to be safe than sorry.

WATER/FLUIDS! (But mostly WATER)

Enough said. The more water you drink, the faster your body can flush out the toxins that are making you icky. It’s as simple as that!!

Stephanie is a Senior Professional Writing major at York College of Pennsylvania. She is a York College cheerleader; so she also likes big bows, and she can not lie.