This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at YCP chapter.

I recently heard this song Friends and I LOVE IT! Friends by Marshmello and Anne-Marie is the ultimate friend-zone anthem.

The lyric video had dropped just in time for Valentine’s Day and the official video came out two days after V-day.

This is the song all the “nice” people have been waiting for. Now, I don’t mean “nice” in a bad way, but these are the people who don’t want to tell anyone straight out that they don’t like them for fear of hurting their feelings.

Friends is what you play for that girl/guy that you’ve been trying to friend-zone for months, maybe even year – and for some reason, they live in their own world where they believe they can change your mind about liking them.

The lyrics to the song will preach to you. This is going to be a song where you may find yourself yelling out, “PREACH” or “Thank you!”

If you haven’t heard it, go look it up on YouTube right now. Both the lyric video and the official video are amazing.

Enjoy, my friends, and good luck with your friend-zoning!

A Senior at York College of Pennsylvania, majoring in Political Science. I am a Gemini, I love the color green, reading and writing! I am so excited to be able to write for Her Campus. I hope to inspire and/or entertain all who read my articles!