This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at YCP chapter.

My zodiac sign is everything to me. I read my horoscope just about every week, because it’s fun to see what the writers at Cosmopolitan have in store for me. I admit that I don’t believe everything I read, but some things do come to fruition.

For me, a Gemini zodiac can, sometimes, give a greater detailed description of myself, better than I can – but, there is more to me, people. We Gemini’s tend to be very moody, which if you take a look at our sign, references the twins. I used to think it meant that you were, literally, a twin but then I figured out that it meant there were two sides to us – minor mood swings.

My moods tend to be happy, extroverted, solemn (not depressed, more like deep thought), introverted and frustrated, which sometimes leads to anger. I know it sounds like I’m bipolar, but I’m not. Also, I do not blame my mood swings on my zodiac alone. (I know that it sometimes has to do with the situation I’m in, the person or group I’m with, or just me, personally.)

I absolutely love being a Gemini. We are associated with the color green, or emerald, depending on how fancy you are – I lean towards emerald. Green symbolizes various things, the more popular being money. This color to me, like Spring, symbolizes growth and harmony – a rebirth, if you will (maybe a stretch, but I’m trying to be a little poetic here).

Orchids and lilies are the flowers of Gemini’s, among others, but I absolutely love these two. I think they are the prettiest! (The flower of your sign also depends on what website you look at and what the author(s) claim.  I’m sure most people don’t really care what people say their flower is…it’s honestly whichever you feel look the best in your eyes – I chose these two!)

The funny thing about this is, I come from a house of Virgo’s. My mother, father and brother are all Virgo’s. My brother was a very mellow baby. Always smiling and laughing. He was an easy going child. I, on the other hand, was the COMPLETE OPPOSITE – all I did was cry. (My parents could tell you stories for days about that.) I gave my parents the shock of a lifetime when I came along!

We get along just fine. So, I don’t really believe in those posts about which signs do and don’t get along and which signs would go best with the other. I think those posts were invented by people who dated someone of the opposite sign and had the worst break-up ever, so they vowed to never date someone of that particular sign again. (Not to offend anyone who does…this is strictly an opinion I hold.) What I do believe is that if we get along, we get along, and if we don’t, so be it. Whether I hang out with a person has nothing to do with their zodiac sign, because that is only a fraction of the person. I believe there is more to a person than a zodiac sign and what they show!

Anyway, on a lighter topic, here are some meme’s that I think best showcase Gemini’s. (Please be aware: this article is not about all Gemini’s. It is, for the most part, about how I am, and I still didn’t put even a fraction of what I’m about into this article.) And with that, enjoy!

(BTW, I love the scent of Vanilla.)

A Senior at York College of Pennsylvania, majoring in Political Science. I am a Gemini, I love the color green, reading and writing! I am so excited to be able to write for Her Campus. I hope to inspire and/or entertain all who read my articles!