5 Lyrics from Broadway Showtunes That Mean the Most to Me

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at YCP chapter.

I’ve always been an insanely huge Broadway fan. I’ve seen a variety of different shows (obviously, from bootlegs of course), and I know almost every single song lyric and note from each show tune track I listen to. In a way, I can say that musicals were there for me in a time when no one could be. And when examining my favorite lyrics from different Broadway show tunes for this article, I found it to be a difficult feat. I love them all so much. However, I managed to come up with a list of the five that mean the most to me. In no particular order, of course.

1. “And just to clear the air, I ask forgiveness for the things you done you blame me for.

But then I guess we know there’s blame to share, and none of it seems to matter anymore” ~ Wicked

2.  “Let the moment go.

Don’t forget it for a moment though.

Just remembering you had an ‘and’ when you’re back to “or” makes the ‘or’ mean more than you did before. ~ Into the Woods

3. “There’s only us, there’s only this.

Forget regret, or life is yours to miss.

No other road. No other way. No day but today.” ~ Rent

4. “I’m past patiently waiting I’m passionately smashing every expectation every action’s an act of creation” ~ Hamilton

5. “Even when the dark comes crashing through.

When you need a friend to carry you.

And when you’re broken on the ground, you will be found.” ~ Dear Evan Hansen

Just a simple girl trying to figure out her place in this world... obviously while holding a cup of coffee in her hand! Studying Psychology
A Senior at York College of Pennsylvania, majoring in Political Science. I am a Gemini, I love the color green, reading and writing! I am so excited to be able to write for Her Campus. I hope to inspire and/or entertain all who read my articles!