5 Korean Dramas to Binge-Watch

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at YCP chapter.

Korean dramas are the go-to shows when you’re feeling down or need something invigorating to binge-watch. From love stories to fantasy to comedy to action, Korean dramas have it all. If you are new to the Korean drama fandom, grab your tissue boxes and popcorn and settle in to these five shows because you will not be moving from your computer screen.

1. Playful Kiss

This show is about a high school girl who confesses her feelings to the popular boy of her school. Love triangles prevail and the girl finds herself in comedic situations.

2. Cinderella and Four Knights

Cinderella and Four Knights is about a girl who moves in with three men who are standoffish toward each other. All the men are cousins and heirs to the family fortune.

3. Boys Over Flowers

This show is about a girl who receives a scholarship to attend a prestigious school where she meets four gorgeous men.

4. Goblin: The Lonely and Great God

Goblin: The Lonely and Great God is about a girl who accidentally summons a goblin that wishes to end his eternal life.

5. The Bride of the Water God (Habaek)

This show is inspired by the manhwa (Korean comic) Bride of the Water God by Mi-Kyung Yun. It’s like a fanfiction of the manhwa, which features a female psychiatrist and an egotistical Water God who needs to find a stone in the human world in hopes of claiming his throne. It diverts pretty far from the manhwa, but it still has squeal worthy romance and comedy. If you have time check out the manhwa too because the art style is beautiful.

Marisa is a Senior at York College of Pennsylvania majoring in Professional Writing. She loves to read and play video games. She is overjoyed to share her experiences with Her Campus.
A Senior at York College of Pennsylvania, majoring in Political Science. I am a Gemini, I love the color green, reading and writing! I am so excited to be able to write for Her Campus. I hope to inspire and/or entertain all who read my articles!