Campus Cutie: Hottie (Josh) Totte

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Yale chapter.

Lovely ladies of Yale, what is your drink of choice?  This week, I recommend the Hot Toddy. Known for its tendency to reduce cold and flu symptoms, a Hot Toddy is a mixed drink made of liquor and water with honey, herbs, and spices. The drink can alternately be spelled Hot Totty or Hot Tottie, but I warn you there exists a homophone with drastically different effects: Hot Totte.

A Hot Totte, also commonly referred to as a Hottie Totte, is known to cause fevers rather than cure them. Other common side effects include dizziness, sweating, increased heart rate, and loss of speech. So what’s the appeal? Well, indulging in a Hot Totte is fun, delicious, and will probably lead you to the doors of Sig Nu. (For more information, see Josh Totte.)

Basic Information

Full Name: Joshua (Josh) Michael Totte                 Major: Psychology (Neuroscience track)

Hometown: Palo Alto, CA                                        Relationship Status: Single

College: Saybrook                                                     Sport: Soccer

Year: 2018                                                                 Position: Outside Midfield/Outside Back

Getting To Know Josh

Describe yourself in three words. Energetic, positive, and fun.

Favorite food? French Toast

Favorite movie? Good Will Hunting

Favorite spot on campus? Cross Campus

What is your spirit animal? It’s a lion…I’m born in August, I’m a Leo, it’s easy.

Favorite dance song? Fetty Wap. A little 679. I’m still on that train.

Own favorite physical feature? Probably my eyes. Theo Miller talks about them all the time.

Boxers or briefs? Boxers

Preferred superpower? Well for sports I’d want to be Dash from The Incredibles, but after sports I’d probably want to fly. It’d be so sick.

Box or Toads? Box

Guilty Pleasure? Oreos. I [love] oreos. Oh probably chips too.

Celebrity Crush? Jennifer Lawrence

Where can we find you on a Saturday night? Sig Nu

Most embarrassing moment at Yale? Uhm, let’s just go with late night “disorderly conduct.”

Something you’re great at? Something you suck at? Well I’m a really bad procrastinator. I’m also a really bad texter. Something I’m good at? I mean I think I’m friendly?

You can ask one famous person – living or dead – one question. Who and what? Probably Donald Trump right now…like what are you doing?!

Biggest Pet Peeve? Biggest pet peeve, at least within my suite, is bad smells. Good smells are good. Bad smells are bad.

Who would play you in the movie of your life? Leonardo DiCaprio. He’s a savage.

Any regrets? Soccer wise, the last two seasons for sure. It just really hurts.

Which emoji are you? The smiley face. The one without teeth…the teeth are too much. Just the big grin.

Who (reasonably) would you want to come perform at Toads? I was about to say Jay-Z but that’s not really realistic. So, Fetty Wap. Or some alternative band. I like Phoenix a lot.

Girls and Romance

First thing you notice in a girl? Her facial features? I don’t know! No, fine. Hair color.

Okay then, blondes or brunettes? Eh, both? Dirty blonde.

Ideal girl? I’d say athletic, fun, and easy to talk to.

Do you have a go-to pick up line? Wasssuuppp. Or hey haha.

Ideal date at home? In New Haven? At home? Probably a hike in a pretty area. That’s pretty romantic. And in New Haven? God, I don’t know. Something adventurous, like something I’ve never done like explore a new part of New Haven. Like East Rock or something like that. Just get off campus for a bit.

What is the most romantic thing you’ve ever done for a girl? I thought my prom asking was cute. I had all of her animals be attached to letter balloons and had them walk across the quad at our high school.

Any advice for Yale girls? Be yourself. And if a guy comes up to talk to you, just try to give him the time of day.

Biggest turn on/turn-off? Biggest turn on is not overconfidence but confidence. Some swag. Not too much where it’s overbearing but you can tell it’s going on. Really it’s a turn on when there is something you’re dope at.  And turn off? I’d say being too overconfident.Follow your heart or your head? Heart

First kiss story? It was in third grade. It was really innocent. I think we were building a fort and I just kissed her.

Yale girls are the best because… they’re really smart and they’re all dope at something.

Campus Correspondent and writer for Her Campus Yale. Member of the Women's Basketball Team and Social Chair of Pi Beta Phi Sorority. Interests include dogs, sports, and all things California :)