#BringItToTheBowl : Yale fights for the chance to be on College Game Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Yale chapter.
Event Date & Time: NOW! (But the game is on September 27th)
Ever been jealous of the big state schools football games? Huge crowds, historic rivalries, TV coverage? Well Yalies are fighting for the chance to have that here at Yale. ESPN’s College Game Day is considering covering the Yale v Army game on September 27th and so Yalies are taking to social media to convince the producers over at ESPN! Wanna see how you can help? Keep reading!

How can I help?
Post on any and all social media tagging @collegegameday and/or using hashtags like #collegegameday #boolaboola #yalevarmy and of course #BringItToTheBowl. You can also tweet at one of the producers @leefitting but keep it respectful, the guy does have to read through all these posts and we are trying to make him come, not scare him away! If you need ideas, search #bringittothebowl to get some ideas (and then go retweet them!)

Why would ESPN come?
The Yale v. Army game is one of the many ways Yale is celebrating the 100th Anniversary of the Yale Bowl. It’s also the next installment in a historic rivalry between the two schools (the first game between Yale and Army was in 1893). The Army Cadets will be here in droves and so we’ll have to produce equal crowds and of course a rowdy tailgate! 

When will all this happen?
The decision will be made about whether ESPN is coming in the next couple days so get tweeting/facebooking/liking/sharing now! But the game is on September 27th, kickoff at noon. (And of course the tailgate will be that morning before kickoff, as usual!)

More questions?
Check out Andrew Sobotka’s (founder of the Whaling Crew) op-ed on the subject (http://yaledailynews.com/blog/2014/09/12/sobotka-on-gameday/). And get posting!