A Sweater Shoutout to Moms Everywhere

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Xavier chapter.

Dearest moms,

You are the best. You are always looking out for us– that’s just one of the many reasons that we love you. We know that wherever we may go, you will always have our backs and support us.

You also nag us from time to time, all out of love of course. But there’s one thing in particular that you tend to nag us about. Wherever we go, whether it’s certain to be cold or not, you make sure that we know one thing: we should take a sweater.

Unfortunately, we don’t always listen to this sound advice, and (quelle surprise) we are always cold. Without fail. And we have to listen to you nag us again, “I told you to bring a sweater!”

Moms, we just have a couple questions for you. Firstly, do you have some sort of superpower that helps you see (or feel) into the future and know whether or not we will be cold? How do you always know!?

Also, do you tell us to wear sweaters because you are genuinely concerned that we will be cold and you don’t want us to endure frigid temperatures bare-skinned? Or are you just tired of hearing us complaining about being cold so you’re just trying to spare your sanity?

Either way, we get it. We should listen to you more. And we appreciate you looking out for us. Thanks for being the best!

Sincerely,

Daughters Everywhere

-HCXO

Margot Bond

Xavier '20

Margot is a senior Economics, Sustainability, and Society major with minors in Political Science and Gender and Diversity Studies from Louisville, Kentucky. In addition to writing articles for Her Campus, she is a Resident Assistant at Xavier and involved in student sustainability. She loves listening to John Mayer, watching Netflix, and doing crosswords with her boyfriend. Most importantly, she is 100% a cat person.