This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Xavier chapter.

Earth Day was celebrated in the most honorable way this year all across the country, and that was with the March for Science. On April 22nd, scientists of all professions and those who support science – even though it is not their own profession – came together to stand up for what they believe in and to protect the future of science in cities all across the United States. People of all kinds were there standing up against the funding cuts that have been made to research labs and projects, standing up for the protection of our Earth, and many many many more reasons.

The atmosphere of the March for Science in Cincinnati was very supportive and energetic. Everyone who was there, was there because they felt the need to go and stand up for their beliefs, hoping to make an impact. The speakers that spoke left you with words that resonated within you. Their words also left you wanting to go forth and continue to stand up for what’s right.

And of course, what’s a March for Science without clever signs? People showed up with all sorts of different signs and some even brought their dogs with their own signs and outfits to wear! Here are some of the best signs from across the country that were seen:

Picture Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Mary Soukup is a Sophomore Engineering Physics Major at Xavier University from Aurora, Indiana. When she is not writing articles for Her Campus, she can be found studying or working at the Cincincinnati Zoo.