This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Xavier chapter.

Toms Shoes was praised for their One for One plan, where, for every pair of shoes purchased, a pair is given to a poverty-stricken child, and for every pair of eyewear sold, a portion of profits is used to help restore or save eyesight of someone in developing countries. In recent years, more companies have followed Toms lead and begun centering their business around social responsibility. Not only does it make consumers feel good about their purchases, but it benefits those in need.

Here’s a few other companies with feel good products that give back!

Toms! (Obviously)

Love Your Melon!

They make adorable beanies, hats, apparel, and accessories, and then donate 50% of their profits to benefit children with pediatric cancer in the US! Plus all of their products are American Made!

Bombas!

Did you know that socks are the #1 most requested clothing item at homeless shelters? Well, Bombas does! For every pair of socks you purchase, they donate a pair to someone in need. And they’ve developed their socks to last!

Warby Parker!

Wear glasses? How about sunglasses? Well, next time you’re looking for an upgrade, try Warby Parker! They use the same “Buy One, Give One” model, where for each pair of glasses purchased, they pay for another pair of glasses for Vision Spring, a non-profit helping to bring affordable vision to people in developing countries. They have 63 locations, and also have a “Home-Try-On Program,” for online customers.

Out of Print!

For all the bookworms out there, this online store sells book-themed items, with each purchase helping to fund literacy programs and book donations to communities in need. Most items are based on the classics, but don’t worry! There’s plenty of Harry Potter items there too!

Figs!

Calling all nursing students! You guys make such a big impact in your communities already, but if you buy your scrubs from Figs, their Treads for Threads initiative helps them deliver clean scrubs to medical professionals in resource poor countries. Oh, and they give a 20% Student Discount!

WeWood!

WeWOOD creates wooden watches from reclaimed and recycled wood and materials! Talk about going natural. And, for every purchase in turn, they plant a tree! This way, you can treat yourself and the Earth too!

Tasha Young is a senior Marketing and Communications major from Dallas, Texas. She is the Marketing Manager and Co-Correspondent for Her Campus Xavier and the Vice President of Xavier's Women In Business. She's a giant comic book nerd who loves Mexican food, pokehunting with her dog, and playing video games with her boyfriend.