This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Xavier chapter.

Name: Tom Lucas

Hometown: Chicago, IL

Year: Senior

Majors/minors: Sports Management, Business Minor

What activities are you involved with at Xavier?

Xavier basketball student program assistant, Xavier Student’s For Life, Intramural Sports, Athletes in Action

What is your favorite part about being basketball manager?  

The cheesy answer is the people I’ve met and friends I’ve made over the past 3 years. But one of my other favorite parts is the behind the scenes game day experience. Game days are long, but every minute is a blast and I love them a lot!

If you were a food, what would you be and why?

I’d be a Lou Malnati’s deep dish pizza because it is the best-tasting pizza on the planet.

What is your favorite thing about Xavier?

I love everything about this place, especially how amazing the campus looks throughout the year, along with the close-knit community here at Xavier. I think a lot of people overlook how beautiful this campus, its buildings, and scenery truly are. It has been awesome watching it continue to develop over the past three years at Xavier and I believe many people don’t realize this because of our small size. Also, I am grateful for the close-knit community I have been able to experience. Larger campuses often involve students getting “lost in the shuffle”, but here at Xavier that is not the case. Ever since day one here, I have met great people who I will be glad to call friends for the rest of my life. Due to this close-knit community, I have never felt lost, different, or unwelcome here at Xavier and I will forever be thankful for that.

What is a quote you live by and why?

“No one but you determines your success in life. Making the right choices paves your way.” – Coach Lou Holtz I stumbled upon this quote while reading a book by my role model and coaching inspiration Lou Holtz. This quote gives me confidence and optimism with regards to my future. It reminds me to be confident and considerate with every decision I make in life. Yes, I am nervous about my life post-graduation but this quote gives me self-assurance that it will all work out.

Charese Foster is a senior Political Science major with a double minor in peace and justice studies and international studies from Toledo, Ohio. She is a contributor for Her Campus Xavier. When not writing for Her Campus, she spends her time with Model United Nations, reading her horoscope and watching Netflix.