Campus Cutie: Jesse Rhodebeck

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Xavier chapter.

Campus Cutie: Jesse Rhodebeck

Year: Sophomore, Class of 2017 

Major: Health Services Administration

Activities: Personal activities are golf, basketball, swimming, video games. Xavier activities, Club Golf… I really need to expand in this category! :P

Relationship status: Taken

Favorite sport: To play, golf. To watch, basketball.

Hollywood Crush: I don’t even know. I guess Jennifer Lawrence or Melanie Iglesias!

Favorite TV show: House, House of Cards, Breaking Bad… Pretty much anything worth watching!

What’s your favorite thing about Xavier?

I don’t know if I can single anything out. I love the basketball games, I love the people, I love the opportunities that Xavier has to offer everyone. I love the feeling of community too. I guess that is a little more important to me considering I came from a town with more cows than there are people.

What quote best describes you?

“Winning isn’t everything, but wanting to win is”- Vince Lombardi. I am very competitive. I make a lot of things seem competitive even when they aren’t, but I perform a lot better when I think that way. I also hate to lose more than I love to win… it’s just not as fun!

If you could be any superhero, who would it be and why?

Probably Batman. And not like early Batman, probably Dark Knight Rises Batman. I guess just because to me, Bruce Wayne/Batman is the most realistic and also because Dark Knight Rises Batman is pretty crippled and injured and I’m almost always injured…

What is your favorite spot on campus?

That’s a really good question… Probably the upper levels of Fenwick or even the green space of Fenwick. You can see a lot of the campus from up there and it looks incredible during the winter, especially when you look towards Gallagher being all lit up.

How did you react to being nominated as a HC Campus Cutie?

I was in Starbucks with my girlfriend and my friend texted me nominating me out of the blue. I guess I kind of underplayed my enthusiasm but it’s kind of cool now that I think about it!

Brittany is a senior accounting major from Saint Louis, Missouri and is a Campus Correspondent for Xavier University. When not organizing Her Campus Xavier, she can be found working with Tedx Xavier University or Xavier Women in Business. She  wishes she could spend all of her free time with puppies.