5 Things to Do in Cincinnati in September

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Xavier chapter.

If you’re into arts, music, and culture, September is for you! It will include…

Ohio Renaissance Festival – running weekends September 2, 2017 through October 29, 2017 at Ohio Renaissance Park (10542 E. Ohio 73, Harveysburg, OH 45032)

You can take a step back in time at this 30-acre, 16th century English village where costumed actors and patrons alike enjoy amusements such as a Maypole, dancing with the Queen, watching dueling swordsmen, trying archery, and enjoying the fair’s famous turkey legs!  Ladies, perhaps the history and muddy fairgrounds don’t seem appealing at first, but…you can shop your way through boutiques, candle shops, wood workings, and even beautifully crafted jewelry.  Be sure to make your man treat you to a “forever rose”!  There is a large gazebo-like structure on the grounds that always houses hundreds of beautifully crafted metal roses, which stand for the love that you two will share forever.  If you are into taking on a more ruggedness, you could make a day of the adventure and camp at Caesar Creek State Park.  For more info or to buy tickets, please visit http://www.renfestival.com/.  This is definitely on my to-do list each fall.

Wicked – Thursday, September 21, 2017 7:30pm at the Aronoff Center for the Arts (650 Walnut Street Cincinnati, OH)

This beloved theatrical performance will be coming to Cincinnati in September.

Shakespeare in Love – September 2, 2017 through September 30, 2017

The Marx Theatre company presents “Shakespeare in Love” at Cincinnati’s Play House in the Park (962 Mount Adams Circle Cincinnati, OH 45202) September 2 through September 30.  To buy tickets or further information, please visit http://www.cincyplay.com/productions/shakespeare-in-love.  It reads, “The beloved, Oscar-winning film comes to life on stage in an extravagant production that’s both wildly funny and irresistibly romantic.”

12th Annual Art Affaire – September 23. 2017 from 11:00am-5:00pm in Clermont County

Cincinnati Hispanic Festival – Saturday, September 9th and Sunday, September 10th 12:00pm-11:00pm at the Hamilton County Fairgrounds (7801 Anthony Wayne Ave. Cincinnati, OH 25216)

At $8 per car or $1 walk-in, this is a fun, affordable cultural event for students to enjoy.

Midpoint Music Festival – Saturday, September 23, 2017 @10am to Sunday, September 24, 2017 @11:00pm

Since 2001, the Midpoint Music Festival has taken over a portion of downtown each fall to give attendees an immersive music experience.  Cincinnati’s own Walk the Moon will be amongst the bands included at this year’s Midpoint Music Festival. Their indie-rock flare will be joined by the likes of Citizen, Frightened Rabbit, The Cactus Blossoms, Filthy Friends, and even BADBADNOTGOOD.  Tickets range from $115-$225 and more information can be found at http://mpmf.com/about.

—– —– —–

Looking Ahead:

Here’s a top suggestion for October: BLINK (Oct.12-15, 2017) http://www.blinkcincinnati.com/about/. You can share your own suggestions with us in the comments!

Emily Webb is a Marketing student at Xavier University. She spent two years on her high school's online student newspaper MND PawPrints. Gaining recognition amongst peers quickly, Webb spent one year as Photo Manager and one year as Managing Editor. In her free time, she enjoys reading, writing, golfing, bowling, and doing service. She has recieved the Presidential Volunteer Service Award twice.
Lauren is a senior Marketing major, with minors in Economics and Gender & Diversity Studies at Xavier University. She calls Nashville, Tennessee home, and is the Campus Correspondent and President of HCXU. When she is not writing, she is planning events on the Student Activities Council, building her resume with her brothers in Delta Sigma Pi, or making random Spotify playlists. She is a Diet Coke enthusiast, and wishes she could spend every day hiking or playing with her dog.