This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Xavier chapter.

Dancing Roll

Address: 3443 Edwards Rd Cincinnati, OH 45208

Hyde Park

If you haven’t heard of it, well, you’re welcome. It’s ½ price sushi every day, without sacrificing the quality. The wait staff is great, the atmosphere is cozy, and there’s plenty of public parking. It’s not the best for big groups, but they do take out and honor the ½ price sushi for that as well!

Kaze

Address: 1400 Vine St Cincinnati, OH 45202

Over-the-Rhine

Kaze is a Japanese gastropub after my own heart. Definitely recommend going to the back bar area, especially during Happy Hour, it’s more laid back than the restaurant area. They have a few items half priced during Happy Hour, including their sushi rolls. Oh, and their pork belly buns are some of the best things I’ve ever eaten.

Maki Express Ramen House

Address: 209 W McMillan St Cincinnati, OH 45219

University Heights

You might have to travel into UC territory, but if you love authentic ramen, I promise it’s worth it. Very small spot with an open kitchen that’s perfect for a date. This place shames the ramen you make in your dorm, and wow, I could bathe in their pork marrow bones broth. However, if you’re vegetarian, they also have a great miso broth!

Tasha Young is a senior Marketing and Communications major from Dallas, Texas. She is the Marketing Manager and Co-Correspondent for Her Campus Xavier and the Vice President of Xavier's Women In Business. She's a giant comic book nerd who loves Mexican food, pokehunting with her dog, and playing video games with her boyfriend.
Lauren is a senior Marketing major, with minors in Economics and Gender & Diversity Studies at Xavier University. She calls Nashville, Tennessee home, and is the Campus Correspondent and President of HCXU. When she is not writing, she is planning events on the Student Activities Council, building her resume with her brothers in Delta Sigma Pi, or making random Spotify playlists. She is a Diet Coke enthusiast, and wishes she could spend every day hiking or playing with her dog.