Five Accounts to Follow on Pinterest as a Collegiette

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WWU chapter.

Pinterest comes in handy on many occasions. Event planning, recipes, makeup ideas, decorating, DIY… the list is endless. But as a collegiette, there are many accounts that come in handy when it comes to adulting. Or almost adulting. From professional attire to organizational tips, these accounts are a must follow. 

Lauren Conrad

Lauren Conrad has built a working girl’s empire. Her Pinterest contains a multitude of girly, but fresh ideas of how to do professional well. Her boards “wear” and “learn” for example are just a few that inspire with pins focussing on morning routines and “career advice from 7 girl bosses”.

Buzzfeed. Buzzeed. And more Buzzfeed. 

Buzzfeed is known for their wacky and innovative ideas. Their “how to” videos for example are a great way to pick up a few skills! One thing Buzzfeed also offers is a great Pinterest account containing 54 boards and endless ideas! Collegiettes who follow Buzzfeed should check out their organization board, recipe board and beauty board for some pro tips. 

HGTV

Need some great decor ideas? HGTV Pinterest is a great place to start. From ideas on how to entertain to clever solutions for your organization dilemmas, HG has got the fix! Find ways to make your apartment or dorm room over into a fun and tastful environment. Pinterest takes this network and magazine and makes it easily accessible for your pinning pleasure right on your smart phone! 

The DIY Network

Need to host a party? The DIY Network’s got it. Need to plan a wedding? The DIY Network has that too! How about DIY decor? Then this Pinterest account is right up your alley. This is the collegiette’s best bet for any project. 

Her Campus of Course!

When you aren’t on the Her Campus website, why not follow HC on Pinterest! Her Campus offers collegiettes the ultimate guide via Pinning. Style, beauty, love, health, life and career, they offer up the best tips and tricks to successfully get through life and college. One board to never miss a pin for would be “Advice for College Students/College Grads”.

Kylee Morgan. WWU. 21 years old. Communications and PR enthusiast. WWU Campus Correspondent.