Bellingham Area Hotspots You have to See!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WWU chapter.

If you’ve lived in Bellingham for even just a small amount of time there is no reason to reiterate how beautiful the town we live in is. We are surrounded by beautiful forests, a cute little downtown area, beaches, islands, etc. There is almost no limit to the amount of places in the Bellingham area that will take your breath away, but here are a few just to get you started on your adventures.

Teddy Bear Cove

Teddy Bear Cove is just one of the many small beaches in the Bellingham area that are beautiful. In addition to the beach there is a train track that you can explore! It’ll be a great spot to visit with your friends on a nice day.

Mount Baker Area (Nooksack River)

If you want to see the snow without the hassle of driving up to the mountains then this is an amazing spot to go and see. This spot is untitled and is more popular with locals of the Bellingham and Mount Baker area, but if you can find the path leading up the mountain to the Nooksack river then I definitely reccommend that you check it out!

Lummi Island

About a 10 minute ferry ride away from Bellingham is Lummi Island. It’s a small island with a slowly dwindling population but the beaches are beautiful, and if you do some exploring you can find some of the most beautiful spots. It’s a great place to watch the sunset, and if you stay for dinner the Beach Store Cafe is an amazing dining spot.

Larrabee State Park

Larrabee is another amazing beach that you have to see, and is a favorite among students at Western. It is an amazing place to watch the sun set, and explore!

Downtown Fairhaven

Historic downtown fairhaven is an amazing place to explore with your friends. There are hundreds of small shops and places to eat, and you’ll always find yourself making your way back there to have a fun afternoon!

Boulevard Park

A family friendly park with an amazing view and boardwalk! It’s a great place to visit if it’s your first time in Bellingham because it really sets the tone for what the town is like.