Your Dream Fall Wardrobe Awaits!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

The weather is getting colder and the leaves are up for a change. It’s time to clean out our closets and bring back our favorite sweaters! But getting your wardrobe ready for Autumn doesn’t mean you have to retire your favorite outfits. With some easy additions, you will be ready to rock your fall fashion!

Layering is a must for fall. Not only does it keep you warm for the changing weather, but it gives you the opportunity to try out new accessories and different cuts of clothing. Also, with the added pieces, you have the opportunity to bring in more fall colors to your ensembles.

Source

However, with all that added clothing, just make sure that you don’t wind up looking bigger than you are. To be safe, don’t layer more than three pieces at once, so you can still show off your shape.

You can also keep some of your old favorites in your outfits. Add leggings and tights to summer dresses. For spaghetti straps, add on a cardigan or a visually interesting sweater. Rule of thumb: only pick one piece of clothing with a pattern. You don’t want to wear clashing patterns or have too much going on in your outfit.

Source

When it comes to accessories, definitely experiment with tights and leggings. Don’t be afraid to try out fun patterns or colors. Also try out wearing hats, if you’re feeling adventurous. For classic fall footwear, break out the boots and try out boot socks!

But DO NOT wear socks and sandals….

Just don’t.

Before resurrecting some old fall favorites from your closet, make sure that they still fit! Don’t wear a piece of clothing if you are swimming in it or if you can’t comfortably move in it. That’s not flattering or comfy. Cleaning out your closet will make room for new fashionable pieces you come across and ensure that you always are wearing what will make you look fabulous. 

Source

So with these tips and your own unique additions, I hope you’re ready to fall in love with fall fashion!

Stay classy, ladies!

I am adopted from Russia and was raised in West Virginia. I am a double major in English (Writing Concentration) and Musical Theatre. I love art in many different forms be it writing, singing, acting, drawing/painting, or design. I adore fashion and it has helped me become the person that I want to be in life. I am a very open person and love talking to people, so feel free to ask me anything! I am honored to be a part of the Her Campus team and I hope that my writing will bring you a smile. If I'm not in the theater or typing up my version of the great American fashion column, you can always hear me coming from the click of my heels. My advice to all: Stay classy!
Maty recently graduated Summa Cum Laude from West Virginia Wesleyan College (WVWC), and she couldn’t be more excited to return to the Her Campus family as a member of the Community Team.  Maty’s passion for writing has guided her through most of her adult life, and it eventually brought her to to the Her Campus Chapter Network as a Style Blogger for Her Campus WVWC. Maty would go on to become Campus Correspondent of her chapter, as well as an intern for Her Campus National and a Chapter Advisor.  Through her different roles at HC, Maty quickly fell in love with the mission and purpose of the Her Campus Chapter Network—and in her new role, Maty has the rare and coveted opportunity to do what she loves on a daily basis by working with a growing network of 360+ college chapters.    When Maty isn’t at the office, she’s usually out exploring, cooking some random recipe she found on Pinterest, or cuddling with her adorable corgi, Winnie.  Follow Maty on Twitter and Instagram !