Will Wasson

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

“Whatever you are, be a good one.” – Abraham Lincoln

This week’s campus spotlight strives to be a bit like Honest Abe every day—tall, skinny, and hardworking. He’s basically halfway there!

Will Wasson, a sophomore hailing from Martinsburg, W.Va., is a very busy student here at Wesleyan. When this history and political science double major, gender studies minor isn’t in the classroom or studying, you can find him leading one of the many organizations he is involved in on campus. 

Will is president of the WVWC Young Democrats and Alpha Lambda Delta National Honor Society, vice president of the student senate and the sophomore class, secretary of the Honors Program, team leader in West Virginia Wesleyan for Hillary, a member of the marching band and the frisbee club, as well as a resident assistant.

With all his involvement across campus, how does he find time for anything else?

As a self-proclaimed “nerd” Will enjoys reading, playing chess, debating, watching movies, hiking and occasionally creating a bad painting…or maybe a masterpiece?

The sky is the limit for Will Wasson, as his future goals are shining brighter every day! He hopes to become a lawyer while he works toward a doctorate in history and eventually become a professor. With a glance from the organizations he is involved in, politics are also something he is hoping to be a part of in the future. As for his personal goals, he hopes to hike the Appalachian Trail after he graduates and to adopt a child someday!

So if you see Will around, don’t be scared to start up a conversation, or maybe even a debate!