Wearing Hats Without Hat-Head!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

It’s getting colder out there, and we cannot forget the importance of keeping our head and ears warm this winter!

However, while hats are functional and simply adorable, they are the dreaded perpetrator of hat head.

Trust me, there is nothing quite like the feeling of pulling off your hat and feeling your perfectly styled hair strands fly up and land in the most ridiculous of positions.

So, if you still want to rock your hat this winter, keep these tips in mind!

1. First off, fit is everything: Most hat head is caused my wearing headgear that is simply too small for your head. If you are looking for the perfect size, check out the Hat Sizing Chart at Hats in the Belfry.com.
  2. Try a cotton hat: Cotton decreases the amount of static electricity that can cause your fly-aways to go all over the place. If static is a reoccurring problem for you, you can always spray down the inside of your hat with a small amount of static guard.
  3. Be careful of tight elastic bands: They can eaily catch your hair when you are pulling off your hat.
  4. If possible, carry a small brush with you: So you can always touch up your mane after taking off your hat!
  5. When in doubt, try a pair of earmuffs: Keep your ears warm, while keeping your hair open. Just note that this does leave your hair open to the elements, so I hope you like the wind-swept look! 

So now you can have your hats and wear them too!

Stay cozy, ladies! 

I am adopted from Russia and was raised in West Virginia. I am a double major in English (Writing Concentration) and Musical Theatre. I love art in many different forms be it writing, singing, acting, drawing/painting, or design. I adore fashion and it has helped me become the person that I want to be in life. I am a very open person and love talking to people, so feel free to ask me anything! I am honored to be a part of the Her Campus team and I hope that my writing will bring you a smile. If I'm not in the theater or typing up my version of the great American fashion column, you can always hear me coming from the click of my heels. My advice to all: Stay classy!