This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

Since you clicked on this article, you must also love using Instagram. Instagram is one of the best forms of social media to like and share photos with your friends, but when you take advantage of all the amazing apps to create the perfect picture, it almost turns into an art form.

1. VSCO:

VSCO is one of the best apps that I use to edit my photos. It offers several filters to accommodate for the look you want for your pictures. Filters range from black and white, like B1 or B2, to ones full of color like C1-C8. Whatever look you want to go for, VSCO usually provides all the tools you may need in the app!

2. FaceTune:

Although FaceTune is one of the apps that you have to pay for, it definitely one of my most used apps. Features like “details” allows you to draw more attention to certain points in the picture. I like to swipe the “details” feature across my eyes, especially when I have sparkly eyeshadow, and jewelry to give it a little extra pop. Another feature I love is the smoothing tool. This is tool is nice when your face has a little too much shine or texture; it really makes the photo look more polished and put together.

3. Snapseed:

Snapseed is a great app for even the pickiest of editors. With the brush tool, you can increase or decrease saturation, exposure, or even temperature on whatever object you swipe your finger over. You can even use the selective tool to edit the same things, only it covers a broader area compared to a specific place using the selective tool. 

4. UNUM:

If you’re one of those people that has a hard time coordinating your photos according to your theme, then UNUM is for you. This app allows you to upload all of your edited photos and display them into an instagram like fashion before actually posting. Not only that, but if one of your photos doesn’t look right, you can tweak the photo without even leaving the app! I use this app religiously to create the PERFECT insta theme!

Using these apps will totally revamp your instagram! Say goodbye to the old, basic instagram filters you’ve been using since 6th grade, and hello to new, fresh looking theme!

Until next time, HCXO!