This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

Many people know the saying; “April showers, bring May flowers.” Well has that sure been the case in March, with all the snow and rain, it seems like it’s always precipitating while walking to classes. Sadly, with April approaching us, there seems to be more rain showers in the future. Here are some tips to help keep you dry and warm while facing this cloudy weather.

1. Rain Boots

After my first semester at college, I asked my mother for a pair of rain boots for Christmas. When you’re walking to class, no matter where you walk, there will always be puddles and streams that will get your shoes wet. There is nothing worse than when someone gets their shoes wet and it seeps through to your socks. Then you must sit in class with that. Yuck!  Therefore, investing in some rain boots will really come in handy on these rainy days to class.

2. Umbrella

Wearing the hoodie may prevent your hair from getting wet but using an umbrella could potentially keep your whole outfit from getting wet (one can try anyway). Either way, using the umbrella will give you a higher chance of being dry than trying to run in your big rain jacket to class.

3. Carry plastic bags

Having plastic bags handy in your backpack may become helpful, especially on rainy days. You can use these for putting the wet umbrella in. If your shoes got wet, you can slip them into the bag so the water doesn’t trail into the dorm room. Maybe, if you’re brave enough, you could even use it to protect your hair while being outside (just don’t cover your face with it…that would not be good).

4. Pack extra clothes

If you are not able to prevent yourself from getting wet, pack extra clothes with you. No one wants to sit in class with wet socks or sleeves drenched in water.

5. Bundle up

These rainy days can get very cold, especially during this time of the year, so bundle up. You will feel even more cold when the wet rain hits you. Continue to wear the cozy sweater you like to sleep in. Get back out the fuzzy socks. Wrap yourself in the cute, trendy scarf. No one said these things were out of season yet.

Sometimes these rainy days just leave us wanting to snuggle inside and forget about the responsibilities outside. However, this does not have to be the case! You can enjoy these days if you plan them right. Maybe following these tips will help you get through the rainy days a little easier than before. Stay warm and dry my friends!

Image Source:

https://www.theodysseyonline.com/five-things-to-do-on-rainy-day?sec=pop2…

My name is Gabriella Sayger, but everyone calls me Gabby! I am a sophomore majoring in English and still deciding on minors! I am destined for law school! I play golf, my favorite book is "Pride and Prejudice" by Jane Austen, and I love Sushi! I'm hoping for an amazing year! Go Bobcats!