Tie a Knot, Hang On

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

You want to have the world on a string, but instead, the world is dragging you by a rope. You are constantly one step behind, and you’ve done so well at pushing the reason for that to the back burner, and all of those reasons, that now you have no clue where you fell off the tracks.

Now, you are feeling desperately at the end of your rope. You look around, and you see no way out. The hits keep coming. He won’t call back. You have one test, one paper, one assignment after another piling up. You see the end of the semester in the distance, but it seems like an unreachable goal. How will you manage? 

Consider this advice:

“When you’re at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on,” Multiple US Presidents

If multiple Presidents of the United States have felt like they were at the end of their rope, then you know what? It’s okay that you are there too.

If you look at pictures of Presidents at their innauguration and then their last day in office, there is a marked change in their appearance, more so than you would expect from a person in four years — unless they are going through a seriously hard time or are seriously sick. Those are also very tumultuous times, so based on this, you could safely assume that being the President of the United States is an almost constant end-of-your-rope job.

I say this to say, take a deep breath. Hold on to the knot at the end of your rope. Hang on.

It can feel like there’s no way out of the hole right now. You may feel stuck. It may seem like things will never improve.

No matter if it’s school, home, work, love, or what, hold on.

Hold on even when it feels like there’s no way out.

Just, hold on.

Want to share a little extra motivation?

Tweet us your favorite quotes that help you finish out a rough week or a tough semester!

2015 graduate, and part of the founding HerCampus WVWC team, Stephanie now works as a Technical Writer for a technology contractor in Bridgeport, WV. Stephanie married her husband, JR, in October 2014, and together they have one toddler girl who is stealing their hearts and sanity one day and one dumped bowl of crackers at a time.
A public relations major with a passion for social media, the arts, and all things Disney, writer Corinne Weaver hopes to bring some Her Campus flare to WVWC. Weaver performs with the WVWC Theatre and Dance department, is a sister of Alpha Delta Pi, and interned at the National Aquarium in the Summer of '14! This Co-Editor-In-Chief will always love her close-knit hometown of Oakland, Maryland, but looks forward to opportunities to branch out in the future. Follow her @CorinneWeaver4 on Twitter and Instagram!