Spring Sing Success

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

Spring Weekend at West Virginia Wesleyan College is often times the harsh realization that the spring semester is coming to an end. However, it is a time where brothers, sisters, and friends all reunite and join in several different festivities. Greek Week takes place throughout the week leading up to the weekend and Spring Sing, which serves as the finale, takes place on Saturday evening. This year’s Spring Sing was very successful for several organizations on campus.

Greek Week on campus is composed of several different sporting events and activities, which all sororities and fraternities compete to become the ultimate winner. Members play volleyball, soccer, and even flag football. This years events even included a Quiz Bowl for the sorority members. This year, Alpha Xi Delta sorority earned the title of Greek Week Champion, as well as the brotherhood of Theta Chi.

Spring Sing opened with the Spring Sing Court introduction. This year, seniors, Anne Harmon, a sister of Alpha Xi Delta, and Lucas Greza, a brother of Theta Chi, were crowned Spring Sing King and Queen. After all organizations performed and displayed their banners, the judges made their final decision to add to the final points of Greek Week. Zeta Tau Alpha, directed byJackiee Luciany, won First Place Banner, Best Sorority, and Over All.The fraternity of Alpha Sigma Phi won Best Fraternity and Abby Saenz, sister of Alpha Xi Delta, won Best Director.

West Virginia Wesleyan College, English Writing and Communications major.