RLCG: Switching Sides?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

RLCG: What do you do if the person you like told you, “you are the biggest part of my life” and “you mean the world to me” then a couple weeks later he tells says “I don’t feel the same way I used to feel about you.”?

I’m not going to lie to you, this means he does not like you anymore, and may have moved on to liking another girl.

What happens sometimes is that guys might have two or more girls that like him at the same time. So what he does is, he asks all the girls to be his girlfriend or he tells him all he likes them. This way, he can keep them close to make sure he gets the “best” girl possible out of the whole bunch. When he makes up his mind, he has to find an excuse to let the others go, thus his “feelings have changed” statement. This leaves you to wonder if you did something wrong, or if you’re unworthy in some way, when it’s really out of your control.

The sad truth is that this has probably happened to all of us at least once, and may happen again in our lifetime of relationships. It has happened to me before. But, the only thing we can do is learn from it and make sure no else does it to us again. In effect, as humans, we tend to put our guard up just in the fear of getting hurt again. It is up to us to make sure that who ever wants to win our hearts over prove to us that they are worth our hearts trusting them.

So what do you do? You be strong. Get back up on your feet, knock off the dust, keep your head held high, and you keep living life! Do not let one knock down stop you from being happy and doing the things you want to do. This guy wasn’t the right one, so move on so you can find the one you’re meant to be with!

Junior at WVWC Football player Education Major WVWC Ambassador Alpha Sigma Phi Fraternity 20 years old
A public relations major with a passion for social media, the arts, and all things Disney, writer Corinne Weaver hopes to bring some Her Campus flare to WVWC. Weaver performs with the WVWC Theatre and Dance department, is a sister of Alpha Delta Pi, and interned at the National Aquarium in the Summer of '14! This Co-Editor-In-Chief will always love her close-knit hometown of Oakland, Maryland, but looks forward to opportunities to branch out in the future. Follow her @CorinneWeaver4 on Twitter and Instagram!