This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

“You will never regret being kind.”

With a new school year upon us, we find ourselves walking to class and seeing too many new faces. Unfamiliarity can often be scary and stressful, but passing a smiling face is the best way to cure your nervousness for the new school year. With that said, one smiling face you will never get tired of seeing across campus is Rachel Fulks!

Rachel is a junior exercise science major with minors in human biology and honors from Bridgeport, W.Va. With her cheerful attitude and friendly personality, you won’t be able to miss her! She is all over campus because she’s involved in activities like cross country, indoor and outdoor track and the Honors program. Rachel is also a sister of Zeta Tau Alpha where she serves on their Executive Council as the Panhellenic Delegate and is a member of the honor society, Phi Kappa Phi.

Why did you choose Wesleyan? I first visited Wesleyan when I was in 6th grade for Methodist Youth Camp, and I fell in love with the campus. I liked that it was small and close enough to home. As I looked more into it’s strong academic programs and athletic opportunities, I realized it was a great fit for me! When I was a Junior in high school, I competed in the “WV Scholar Program.” I ended up being awarded runner up, so I decided this was where I wanted to go. I love it!

Best moment/memory at college? I can’t pick just one! One of the best was when I was able to run the 10k at track conference my Sophomore year and score for my team. My freshman year, I had an injury that resulted in me being completely out of running for four months. My doctors were even questioning if I would be able to run competitively anymore, but I was able to compete in my first conference meet with a healthy body. We ended up winning the conference title, so it was a really special moment for me. Another moment was when I accepted my bid for Zeta Tau Alpha. As soon as I ran out of Aggie, I knew I was about to encounter countless opportunities and adventures; being a member of this organization has exceeded my expectations!

Hobbies? Reading, running, and involvement in the Bridgeport United Methodist Church at home

Future plans/goals? I hope to graduate college and go to Physician’s Assistant school.

Dream job? A physician’s assistant! At this point, I think I might be interested in working in orthopedics or emergency medicine.

Any special talents? I’m good at cheering people up when they’re having a bad day.

What is your spirit animal?  I’m not sure exactly what my spirit animal is, but I would like to think I live vicariously through the life of my miniature poodle, Lucky. He’s cheerful and full of energy just like me.

Favorite place to be? Anywhere with my friends or my boyfriend! I love the outdoors and going on new adventures.

Favorite quote/motto? One of my favorite bible verses is “Cast all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you” -1 Peter 5:7, because I am a huge worrier.

Do you have any advice for your past self? I would consider my personality to be “Type A” because I tend to be uptight about things and get very anxious. College has taught me to loosen up and not take life so seriously. If I could talk to my past self, I would tell myself to stop worrying so much and have fun with life, because everything will work out in the end.

Make sure to keep an eye out for Rachel around campus! Now, hopefully one friendly face looks a little more familiar to you!

Junior Public Relations major. I have an obsession with my dog and every form of coffee.
Maty recently graduated Summa Cum Laude from West Virginia Wesleyan College (WVWC), and she couldn’t be more excited to return to the Her Campus family as a member of the Community Team.  Maty’s passion for writing has guided her through most of her adult life, and it eventually brought her to to the Her Campus Chapter Network as a Style Blogger for Her Campus WVWC. Maty would go on to become Campus Correspondent of her chapter, as well as an intern for Her Campus National and a Chapter Advisor.  Through her different roles at HC, Maty quickly fell in love with the mission and purpose of the Her Campus Chapter Network—and in her new role, Maty has the rare and coveted opportunity to do what she loves on a daily basis by working with a growing network of 360+ college chapters.    When Maty isn’t at the office, she’s usually out exploring, cooking some random recipe she found on Pinterest, or cuddling with her adorable corgi, Winnie.  Follow Maty on Twitter and Instagram !