This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

I’m planning a day, a May 10th, 2014 kind of day.

On this day I’m planning, I am getting as far away from Buckhannon as I can to celebrate the semester, and this year, finally being done. I don’t quite know what I’m doing yet, and that’s magical.

I want to go somewhere that I can be outside.

I want to go somewhere that doesn’t necessarily have cell phone service.

I want to go somewhere that takes hours.

I want to go somewhere, anywhere that isn’t here.

I’m relaxing.

I’m visualizing what my dream day looks like.

I’m visualizing who my dream day is spent with.

I’m visualizing the freedom I’ll feel in those moments.

I’m visualizing the mug of coffee in my one hand and my arm hanging out the open window.

As finals creep in like a hungry lion, and the bone-chilling aches of stress settle in, I will meditate on my big day.

When I’m working on a project up until the moment it’s due, I will motivate myself by meditation on my big day.

When you finish the semester, prior to the beginning of your summer, I encourage you to plan your own big day. No matter where your road may lead you over the next three and a half months, you should take one day before it starts to recover, a day of rest.

When you take your day of rest, remember these few things:

It is your day.

You can see people or you can not see people.

You can get out of bed or you can not get out of bed.

You can put on “real” clothes or you can stay in your pajamas.

You can eat cake, ice cream, cookies, and candy all day if you want.

You can shower or take a bath or you can put it off for a day.

Do you see the commonality? It’s you.

This big day is as big as you want to make it because it’s all about you.

After having 9-10 months of ongoing classes and roommates and friends and homework and required readings and projects, you’re worn out, and you need a day for you.

Take it.

Make a day of it.

It’s for you.

Start planning!

Share your ideas with us. We might like them and steal them for ourselves!

2015 graduate, and part of the founding HerCampus WVWC team, Stephanie now works as a Technical Writer for a technology contractor in Bridgeport, WV. Stephanie married her husband, JR, in October 2014, and together they have one toddler girl who is stealing their hearts and sanity one day and one dumped bowl of crackers at a time.
West Virginia Wesleyan College, English Writing and Communications major.