Meet Our 5 Days of Finals Giveaway Winners!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

Winter Break is upon us, and we at HC WVWC hope you are enjoying your time at home for the holidays.

As we finish out a wonderful year, we thought we’d highlight a few of our dedicated fans who support our organization and make HC so fun!

We caught up with four of our 5 Days of Finals Giveaway winners to see what they love most about Christmas, Wesleyan, and their prizes – check out their interviews below!

Name: Jessica Engels

Year in School: Sophomore

Major: Accounting/Gender Studies

Hometown: Kingwood, WV

Activities you participate in at Wesleyan: Alpha Gamma Delta, Bobcat Entertainment 

Favorite part of Christmas: Getting together with my family even though some of our traditions have changed. 

Favorite thing about Wesleyan: My favorite part is the fact that we have things like this giveaway and other events that BE puts on because, being apart of that, I know how much hard work goes into preparing and executing events. I’m happy we have HerCampus and these other organizations that make campus feel more fun and at home.

Favorite part of your 5 Days Giveaway Bag: Definitely the Kettle maple bacon popcorn!! It was different, but in a good way!

Name: Mariah Stocker

Year in School: Junior

Major: Music Performance focus in Clarinet

Hometown: Buckhannon, WV

Activities you participate in at Wesleyan: Alpha Gamma Delta VP of Recruitment & Spring Sing Direction, Sigma Alpha Iota VP of membership, WVWC collegiate 4-H club, concert chorale, concert band

Favorite part of Christmas: Spending time with my family and visiting my new 9 month old twin brother and sister in New Jersey! I love making new memories with them!

Favorite thing about Wesleyan: I love the friends I’ve made at Wesleyan. I also love how my professors care about my success. Even the classes we are forced to take as gen-eds can turn out to be fun. I took a lot away from my Sin, Salvation, and Social Change class with Dr. Murphy this semester.

Favorite part of your 5 Days of Giveway Bag: For sure the Kettle maple bacon popcorn!

Name: Elaina DePetro

Year in School: Freshman

Major: Graphic Design

Hometown:Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 

Activities you participate in at Wesleyan: Concert Chorale and Bobcat Entertainment 

Favorite part of Christmas: Family traditions and being with loved-ones. 

Favorite thing about Wesleyan: The family-like feeling on campus. You don’t find that at many schools.

Favorite part of your 5 Days Giveaway Bag: I loved the Chipotle Gift Cards!

Name: Marissa Workman

Year in School: Freshman

Major: Exercise Science

Hometown: Victor, WV

Activities you participate in at Wesleyan: Kappa Phi sorority

Favorite part of Christmas: Spending time with my family

Favorite thing about Wesleyan: The campus is beautiful!

Favorite part of your 5 Days Giveaway Bag: The whole thing! It was almost like a reward for finals; I really loved all the products.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and having a great time with us ladies! Keep up with our social media and YOU could be the next winner!

A public relations major with a passion for social media, the arts, and all things Disney, writer Corinne Weaver hopes to bring some Her Campus flare to WVWC. Weaver performs with the WVWC Theatre and Dance department, is a sister of Alpha Delta Pi, and interned at the National Aquarium in the Summer of '14! This Co-Editor-In-Chief will always love her close-knit hometown of Oakland, Maryland, but looks forward to opportunities to branch out in the future. Follow her @CorinneWeaver4 on Twitter and Instagram!