Meet Caitlyn Humphrey!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

Allow me to introduce you to one of my best friends, Caitlyn Humphrey! This wonderful freshman hasn’t been around at WVWC for quite a year yet, but she’s made a huge impact. If you don’t know her, read more here to learn a few fun things about what makes her so great! 

1. What is your major, why did you choose it, and what do you plan to do with it after you graduate from WVWC?

I am a double major in English and Media Studies and I chose this major because I have had a love for reading and writing since I was a child. I plan to become a journalist with these majors after I graduate.

1. Aside from academics, what do you spend most of your free time on campus doing? Are you involved in extra-curricular activities?

I spend most of my free time with my friends and am involved in color guard, The Odyssey, and am a member of the Alpha Gamma Delta sorority.

1. Give us a fun fact! Something a lot of people don’t know about you!

I am a hopeless romantic. I actually can spend days watching a bunch of romance movies back to back and made my own playlist of all the songs that are in those movies.

1. If you could go back in time and tell yourself one piece of advice before starting college, what would you say to young Caitlyn?

If I could go back in time I would probably tell myself to learn how to study and manage time. 

1. Do you have a favorite memory from your college experience so far?

My favorite memory so far was a last-minute trip that I took with two of my best friends to Myrtle Beach. It was such a fun week and I feel like I got a lot closer to them on this trip.

1. Tell us something that inspires you. It can be anything at all, but what motivates you the most?

My stepmom inspires me. She is such an amazing woman and I want to make her proud by graduating college and getting a good career afterwards!

And there you have it! Next time you see Caitlyn on campus, be sure to stop and say hi. Don’t be shy! 

I love makeup and caffeine.
Just a small town girl living in an even smaller college town. I'm an Accounting major at WVWC in hopes of someday going to law school. I enjoy coffee, jumping in puddles, & petting the locals' dogs when they take them for walks on campus.