This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

This week’s Campus Celebrity has brains and beauty! Lindsey Lettieri, a Junior Exercise Science major from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, has an amazing new internship for next year! 

Why did you choose Wesleyan?   I chose Wesleyan because my father and aunt went here, and I wanted to be a part of their legacy and of the high scholarship amount I received! I also chose Wesleyan because I fell in love with the close-knit relationships that I saw were formed among the students. 

Activities you are involved in at Wesleyan? I am involved in the Pre-Physical Therapy Club, National Society of Leadership and Wellness Center activities that are held. 

Best moment / memory at college? The best moment at college was joining my sorority, Zeta Tau Alpha. Every day I create new memories with my sisters that I will cherish for life. My sisters make everyday a great day! They are always there when I need someone to make me laugh, be there for me when I cry or calm me down when I’m stressed. 

Hobbies? Exercising, crafting and shopping. I enjoy shopping a little too much but my bank account hates me for it!

Future plans / goals? My plans for the future after graduating Wesleyan with an Exercise Science degree is to go to Graduate School in Florida for Physical Therapy, specializing in Sports Medicine. My ultimate goal is to be a full time physical therapist for a team in the NFL. If that does not work out, another plan I have is to be a physical therapist for wounded veterans. 

Favorite place to be? I love to be at the beach- any beach in Puerto Rico is probably my favorite.

Favorite quote / motto? “What matters most is how well you walk through it.”  I love this quote because life isn’t easy and there is always going to be something that brings you down every once in a while. Instead of walking through it negatively you have to keep going and make the best out of everything life throws at you. Walking through life like you own it, is how I walk through every obstacle thrown at me. 

Do you have any advice for your past self?  Don’t dwell on things for too long. If it bothers you, recognize it bothers you and move past it.

What is your internship? What will you be doing? Physical Therapy Intern with the NFL. I will assist with day to day operations of the physical therapy/athletic training department during Training Camp 2017 with an NFL team. The day to day operations will include prepping training rooms, stocking supplies, providing water to players, serve in the capacity of a first aid responder, and work alongside the physical therapy team while treatment is given to the players. 

How did you get this internship? Last winter I applied for this internship on the NFL intern page. A week after I applied, I got an email saying that they received my application; however, all the spots had already been filled. At the beginning of September this year, I received a call from the NFL employee coordinator and he called asking if I would still be interested in the Physical Therapy Internship program since I applied last year. Of course I said yes, and jumped at the opportunity. I still don’t know what team I will be placed with yet, but I will find out mid-November and meet with them during Christmas break. I’m so excited for this experience, and I’m hoping this internship will lead to a future full time job with the NFL.

Make sure to look out for Lindsey’s smiling face around campus! She has put in hard work and now it is paying off! 

Is this enough encouragement for you to go apply for that dream internship!? 

Junior Public Relations major. I have an obsession with my dog and every form of coffee.