Jackiee Luciany ’15: ZTA Spring Sing Director

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

This week’s Campus Celebrity is a very dedicated young lady to the Wesleyan community. Jackiee Luciany is a Communications major with a minor in History. Jackiee is the General Manager of C-92 FM, a sister of Zeta Tau Alpha, Alpha Sigma Phi Sweetheart, and Campus Celebrity writer for Her Campus. She also makes time to serve as the Communication Department Representative on Academic Affairs for Student Senate, Zumba Instructor, and a Wesleyan’s Biggest Loser Coach. This past week, Jackiee lead the sisters of Zeta Tau Alpha to a successful Spring Sing performance.

As Spring Sing Director for her sorority, Jackiee put in a lot of time making sure everyone worked hard and performed perfectly. According to Jackiee, Zeta Tau Alpha won first place banner. Jackiee says, “It was a good feeling because sisters stayed up until 6 o’clock in the morning, putting finishing touches on the banner and I know that the sisters were really proud of the final product.” Zeta Tau Alpha also won first place Sorority Division and Overall winners. Jackiee stated, “the feeling when we won those awards is one that myself as well as my sisters will never forget. It was a great feeling to know that all of our hard work had paid off and we had something to show for it.”

Though Jackiee enjoyed the successes of being Spring Sing Director this year, she says that she will probably not take the position next year. “Honestly, as much as I enjoyed spending time with my sisters, I do not think I would take the position again. I want another sister to experience the feeling of putting together a winning show. I want someone else to be as proud of our sisters as I am because none of this could be possible if it was not for the dedication and commitment of all of them. It really meant a lot that my sisters had that much faith in me and I’m happy that they pushed me out of my comfort zone!” Even though Spring Sing is over, however, does not mean Jackiee has slowed down. If you catch her on campus in the last few weeks of the semester, stop her and congratulate her on a job well done!

West Virginia Wesleyan College, English Writing and Communications major.