HC WVWC Ultimate Finals Must Haves!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

The semester is finally coming to a close, but with the close of the semester also comes the dreaded finals.

For some of us, we have go-to things that we do when finals hit — snacks that help us focus, drinks that keep us sane, and beauty products that keep our faces fresh and gorgeous, even in the most hair-brained stressful time of year. If you haven’t found those things yet, have no fear!

Your fellow collegiettes at Her Campus WVWC and Her Campus Headquarters have come up with a list of the products that are our Finals Must Haves.

Many of these were included in our 5 Days of Finals Giveaway – but don’t worry if you missed out, we’ll have more giveaways next semester. Check out what our lucky winners won!

Chipotle

So, the weekend is here, and you are wanting something other than the dining hall or Taco Bell (you aren’t THAT desperate yet!). If you still want Mexican, and a change of pace and scenery, look no further than our beloved Chipotle! Our HCWVWC staff LOVES Chipotle.

GUESS WHAT?! Chipotle always hooks us up with great coupons, and gave us a bunch of BOGO and free burrito cards to share with all of you. Cool right?!

Cold-EEZE Cold & Flue QuickMelts

Sneezing, coughing, nose-blowing… you’ve heard it all on campus, and you simply DO NOT have time to get sick. We don’t either, so we’re suggesting Cold-EEZE® products. Cold-EEZE® Cold Remedy Plus Natural Multi-Symptom Relief Cold & Flu QuickMelts®  are great if you are already feeling the effects of the “Campus Cough”, and Cold-EEZE® Cold Remedy Plus Natural Immune Support with Natural Energy QuickMelts® will help you if you don’t have it yet and even if you already have it to shorten and relieve the effects of your cold and flu symptoms.

FUN FACT: If you’re stressed, you’re more susceptible to colds and the flu. Google it. Find a Bio major and a Psych major. They’ll tell you. I’m also talking from personal experience here. I need all the help I can get fighting the illnesses that float around our Bobcat community.

TRESemme Hairspray and Keratin Smooth Set

I have not found an over-the-counter hairspray that has as much hold for my uber thick hair as I have in TRESemme, and the Keratin Smooth 7-day treatment lasts THROUGH washes. Hairspray helps with keeping your hair from looking quite as oily, and the Keratin Smooth treatment lasts through your washes? Can you say, “Finals week good hair?”

Thanks, TRESemme for making us cute, even through our finals week!

Kettle Brand Hey Neighbor Kits

This is something new from Her Campus Headquarters, and we are in LOVE.  Kettle Brand is out to help collegiettes develop community here at Wesleyan, so they gave us goodies to share! Our kits came with salt and pepper chips, maple bacon popcorn, and introduction cards, all in a little tote bag.

Is there a better way to have a great study session than with great snacks and good company? And who said finals week wasn’t a great time to make new friends?

Thanks, Kettle Brand, for helping us to feel comfortable to say, “Hey, Neighbor!”

One of our giveaway winners enjoying her bag full of goodies!

Luna Bars

We at HCWVWC have been going crazy over Luna Bars since we first tried them our first semester as a chapter, so it’s only natural that at Christmas time, we’d be reaching for our Chocolate Peppermint Stick bars to keep us snacking healthy on the go, in the library, and even sneaking nibbles in our finals!

Thanks, Luna Bars, for keeping WVWC collegiettes stocked up on our favorite snacks!

CamelBak

CamelBak is a brand everyone knows, and they care about keeping collegiettes hydrated, so they sent a perfect Her Campus pink bottle. FREE. CAMELBAK. Are you jealous yet?

Whispers – Our adorable pink CamelBak is still up for grabs, so if you’re not already connected with us on social media, you should be!! DO IT

The Timeline Project Zine

The Timeline Project takes your goals, puts them into focus, and helps you to make the steps you need to achieve those! Our team tried out the electronic version of these books, and we’re sure these booklets make it even easier to keep on track toward your dreams. We can’t wait to hear how our 5 Days of Finals winners are using this awesome journal!

Thanks, Bayer and The Timeline Project, for a great way to keep track of our goals and get it done! 

chain & charcoal

chain & charcoal is a catalogue website that sells statement jewelry. They have those really cool rings that only go part of the way down your finger, and all of that neat angular jewelry you’ve probably seen a bit of on the style blog and style pages of Her Campus.

Shout out to chain & charcoal for $20 gift cards for the College Catwalk Collection; our 5 Days winners will be rocking those cute looks! 

BaubleBar

BaubleBar.com is “the final say in fashion jewlery”. They have necklaces, bracelets, earrings, rings, and even personalized jewelry. BaubleBar has a partnership with HerCampus, and they sent us meme alphabet bracelets (which sound crazy, but they are actually really cool. They’re chain bracelets with little gold circles with letters on them) that have sayings like “I Can’t” and “#nofilter”. What’s cool about these is that these bracelets they sent us come from Emma Robert’s Guest Bartender Collection — because BaubleBar.com does that — they have well-known names tell their story, but through jewelry! That’s a great twist on an autobiography!

If you want to get cool deals like us, go to BaubleBar.com and enter the promocode HERCAMPUS to get 25% off all your greatest fashion jewelry finds!

P.S. – We have the perfect bracelet to share with one of our fans, but you’ll miss it if you don’t follow us!

Aritzia

While we’re talking fashion, let’s continue our finals retail therapy with Aritzia. They are innovative in women’s fashion, creating products of high design and great quality. It’s been a rough semester, so go ahead and splurge on a super cute and stylish outfit for a party or dinner.

Thanks, Aritzia, for sending us gift cards and opportunity cards! It motivates us to work hard because great opportunities lie just over the side of the mountain!

Cosabella

Do you love cute lingerie? Look no farther than Cosabella. They make lingerie in cutting edge styles and colors. I personally believe that what’s under your clothes has the potential to make you feel sexy enough to take on the world! Check out Cosabella and all of their styles, and find your “Freedom in Color!”

Thanks, Cosabella for the cute panties! 

As you can tell, we have the BEST partners, who give us SO many goodies for our team and to share with all of you! Connect with our social media pages @HerCampusWVWC for opportunities to win these and other great products!

2015 graduate, and part of the founding HerCampus WVWC team, Stephanie now works as a Technical Writer for a technology contractor in Bridgeport, WV. Stephanie married her husband, JR, in October 2014, and together they have one toddler girl who is stealing their hearts and sanity one day and one dumped bowl of crackers at a time.
A public relations major with a passion for social media, the arts, and all things Disney, writer Corinne Weaver hopes to bring some Her Campus flare to WVWC. Weaver performs with the WVWC Theatre and Dance department, is a sister of Alpha Delta Pi, and interned at the National Aquarium in the Summer of '14! This Co-Editor-In-Chief will always love her close-knit hometown of Oakland, Maryland, but looks forward to opportunities to branch out in the future. Follow her @CorinneWeaver4 on Twitter and Instagram!