Go Pink with HC WVWC’s Back to School Survival Kit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

It’s finally fall! That means two things: pink Breast Cancer Awareness ribbons are popping up on trees and pieces of clothing all across campus and classes are officially back in swing—and making our lives more difficult. It also means that HC WVWC is giving away Survival Kits, so collegiettes everywhere can focus on getting back and giving back. This October, HC WVWC is getting back and giving back by teaming up with Zeta Tau Alpha to spread awareness and bring you all the things you’ll need to make it through the semester.

Monday Kick-Start Pack (10/12) 

It’s two months into the semester. At this point, Mondays are getting harder, your level of sleep deprivation is rising, and your immune system is dropping. HC’s Monday Kick-Start Pack will get you going for the week with a 5-Hour Energy shot and a new headphone set to jam out with. The Cold-Eeze remedy pack will help boost you back to health, while the zero-calorie, zero-artificial ingredients Zing™ Stevia Natural Sweetener packet will add some sweetness to your next cup of hot coffee or tea. Keep an eye out for some Breast Cancer trivia on our Twitter page in order to win. The first to reply with the correct answer wins these Monday morning essentials. 

Tuesday Getting & Giving Back Kit (10/13) 

This Survival Kit is for all the ladies that want give back and empower other women to be amazing. The Getting Back & Giving Back kit will provide you with the tools you’ll need to inspire others and do some great things of your own. With the Actually She Can info book, Clinton Foundation: No Ceilings Project info pamphlet and calendar, and a preview to the incredibly clever We Were Liars by E. Lockhart (we’d tell you how it ends, but we might just lie), you’re bound for success. You may even be getting back a surprise for your interest in helping others. Watch for another tweet from @HerCampusWVWC for the chance to win.

On Wednesdays, We Wear Pink: Go Pink Beauty Kit (10/14) 

Mean Girls said it best, “On Wednesdays, we wear pink!” Post a selfie on Instagram wearing pink to support Breast Cancer Awareness in order to win this must-have kit. The lovely lady in pink with the most likes will be the winner of the best beauty amplifiers. The TRESemmé Sea Salt Sculpting Spray and Cream will help you achieve the effortless “I woke up like this” look in minutes without making your hair crunchy or stiff. With the NYC shadow stick, your eye-makeup is guaranteed to be on-point. These thick pencils give you the smoky eye you want without the annoying creasing powder eyeshadow causes. Not only does it work as eyeshadow, but it doubles as eyeliner as well. Since it’s waterproof, tear-proof and smear-proof, it’s just what you need for the days you have to pull yourself together five minutes before class. Did we mention it’s 24-hour wear? Apply Palmer’s cocoa butter to help prevent dry skin and chapping, and you’ll look perfect in pink. Don’t forget to follow and tag us when you post your selfies to @hercampus_wvwc

Thursday Martha Stewart Craft Kit (10/15) 

Martha Stewart is queen when it comes to DIY, and you can be too with this DIY Craft Kit. Simply take a picture of your most creative Breast Cancer related project, post it on Instagram, and rack up the most likes. Remember to tag @hercampus_wvwc and include the hashtag #HCSurvivalKits! Create awareness and make a difference with your art, and you could win acrylic and puffy paint for your next stress-relieving DIY!

Give Back By Going Pink: GRAND PRIZE! (10/11- 10/31) 

This is the moment you’ve all been waiting for! Drum roll please…. The HC WVWC Survival Kit grand prize! We can’t say much, but the winner will be toting this sophisticated and stylish yet totally functional prize around every chance they get. Enter to win by writing a short essay (250-500 words) about the personal story of a breast cancer fighter or survivor you know. Be sure to email your submission to our CC at matyswartz@hercampus.com. Then, post a status or picture about the survivor to Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram (or all three!) with the hashtags #GoPinkWithHCWVWCandZTA, #GettingBackGivingBack and #HCSurvivalKits, in order for the survivor to be featured as one of our Campus Celebs and be awarded the grandest of grand prizes! Did we mention that it’s worth $295? What better way to support someone in their fight than to present them with this eye-popping, elegant mystery prize?

HC WVWC and ZTA encourage you all to join us as we work together to raise awareness this October. Wear pink, spread the word and celebrate the fighters and survivors in your life.  

Just a small town girl living in an even smaller college town. I'm an Accounting major at WVWC in hopes of someday going to law school. I enjoy coffee, jumping in puddles, & petting the locals' dogs when they take them for walks on campus.
Maty recently graduated Summa Cum Laude from West Virginia Wesleyan College (WVWC), and she couldn’t be more excited to return to the Her Campus family as a member of the Community Team.  Maty’s passion for writing has guided her through most of her adult life, and it eventually brought her to to the Her Campus Chapter Network as a Style Blogger for Her Campus WVWC. Maty would go on to become Campus Correspondent of her chapter, as well as an intern for Her Campus National and a Chapter Advisor.  Through her different roles at HC, Maty quickly fell in love with the mission and purpose of the Her Campus Chapter Network—and in her new role, Maty has the rare and coveted opportunity to do what she loves on a daily basis by working with a growing network of 360+ college chapters.    When Maty isn’t at the office, she’s usually out exploring, cooking some random recipe she found on Pinterest, or cuddling with her adorable corgi, Winnie.  Follow Maty on Twitter and Instagram !