This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

“In vain I have struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you.” -Jane Austen; Pride and Prejudice

We have all had to deal with letting go the one who we first said, “I love you” to. The one who we trusted the most, the one we pretty tore our hearts out for and laid it on a silver platter for he or she do what they pleased. Whether you were the one to let them go or they were the one to let you go while using the line “it’s not you, it’s me” line, it can still lay deep in your heart like an open wound never really healing.

You spent months, or in some cases, years learning little things about them. The fact they don’t like chocolate or if they aren’t texting you back they aren’t ignoring you but more than likely playing XBOX are among all the things that you learned. You don’t just learn about their eating habits but you learn how they are feeling by their facial expressions or the little ticks they do when they are nervous that reveal to you what they’re feeling.  Not only did you learn many things from them, but they learned many things about you. They saw you when there was no one else around, and you could finally be your wild self. You could show them parts of you that only they would see. You would spend hours pouring your heart out to them at one o’clock in the morning. They were there for you when you were crying just because you didn’t know what to wear or because you simply just needed a shoulder to cry on.

No matter how hard you try, you will never fully forget them. They will always hold a special place in your heart. They taught you things that you didn’t even know about yourself and that it doesn’t just matter how pretty you are on the outside because you are beautiful in so many ways on the inside.  You learned that, yes, it hurts at first, but you can move on. It didn’t mean you could/would forget them, but you learned to simply store them in your heart and learn from your mistakes. In uttermost importance, they taught you to learn to love yourself.

Photo Sources:

http://www.hopeheart.org/uncategorized/february-news-what-does-your-hear…

Just a small town girl living in an even smaller college town. I'm an Accounting major at WVWC in hopes of someday going to law school. I enjoy coffee, jumping in puddles, & petting the locals' dogs when they take them for walks on campus.