Dylan Davis ’16: WVWC Football Player

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

Dylan Davis, a wide receiver at West Virginia Wesleyan, has a major in sports business and a minor in psychology.  He is this week’s campus celebrity for his game winning touchdown against Glenville State College.

Davis is very optimistic and team oriented answer.

“The coaches always find a way for us to have the opportunity to win and to stay a strong, united team,” said Davis. “As for the players, we work hard and have improved a lot since last year.  I think we have showed our improvement from our wins this season; however, we also have had some tough losses.” 

Dylan believes that they will progress positively more and more if they continue to train and play as they did this year.

As a junior, he encourages his younger teammates to work together, always better themselves by allowing critiques to be encrypted in a positive manner rather than seeing only the negatives, and to let their actions speak for themselves. More specifically, Davis encourages his teammates to show their talents on the field more than talking about how you will play in the future. 

Having been through many years of football, he wants to further increase his abilities by staying humble, being thankful for how far he has come, and always leaving room for improvement. 

During WVWC’s game against Glenville, he scored two touchdowns, which he believes was a team effort. He was ecstatic to know that he could assist in the win.  So, when you are cheering on our football team for the remainder of the season look for Dylan and join us at our next home game against Fairmont State University on November 1st at noon.

West Virginia Wesleyan College, English Writing and Communications major.