Charles Harper, Rising Senior

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

Allow us to present this week’s Campus Profile and rising senior, Charles Harper. Charles is preparing to finish up his finals and his days as a junior. As usual, the summer flies by and next thing you know, the new semester has come! So, Charles will be a senior before he knows it. Without further ado, allow us to introduce one of the last celebrities of the semester, Charles Harper!

How’s studying for finals going and how are you getting through this process?

Studying is hard but you have to do what you have to do.The way I get by is studying with my friends in a large group. It’s always nice to have a group to struggle with you during finals week.

What are you looking forward to more? Going home or starting the school year as a senior?

I’m looking more forward to going home just because I have not been home for so long and I miss my friends and family. On the other hand, it’s an awesome feeling to leave school knowing that you only have one more year left! I’m really excited for what next year will bring!

What are your plans for the summer?

I am really hoping to intern for a summer theatre program. In the program, I would be an acting coach to help with the summer show for high school and middle school students. I have worked with kids in the past, and I loved it! It would be great to mix two things that I love together, and it might show that I have a promising future in teaching theatre!

What was disappointing about last summer that you’d like to change this summer?

The beginning of my summer was kind of bland because I didn’t start my job until june. So, I spent a lot of time doing nothing for the first month and a half.

What do you do for fun during the summer?

I love going out to parties with my friends, and I also have family trips and those are always fun.

How do you feel about coming back to WVWC as a senior?

I feel relaxed. The first year that I got here, I came here basically by myself. All of my other friends had either gone to school close to home in Maryland, or somewhere far away from Wesleyan. Now, I have my friends who have my back for life. I feel as though I’ve made an impact on the theatre department here in a positive manner and everything is just chill. Also, having seniority will feel nice!

What would you like to accomplish before leaving WVWC?

I would love to really make the most out of my experience here at Wesleyan, especially in the theatre department. I really want to encourage more people to try out for more things that have to do with the theatre and dance program. I have seen a lot of new faces join the department in recent years, and seeing more come and try out would be really great. A personal goal of mine is that I want to remembered at this school for spreading positive vibes everywhere, especially with Greek Life here at Wesleyan. I feel as though the way that most campuses see Greek Life is more negative than it is positive. I’m not saying that everyone should join a fraternity or sorority because Greek Life is not for everyone. Wesleyan Greek Life is different than bigger schools, and we should be working together to bring a more positive image and show that Greek Life can be special for anyone that is interested in it. We should all be supporting each other to help people find their second family on campus. If I could help to bring that kind of image to Wesleyan along with some other accomplishments in the theatre, I would be more than happy with my time spent here. Where do you see yourself after graduation?

I really want to start getting into different aspects of theatre in my senior year, such as play-writing and directing. I want to be able to come out of college ready to take on any job that has to do with theatre. Directing, writing, performing, working behind the scenes. I love it all and that is the only place that would make me feel happy after I graduate.

Any advice for those who are starting their junior year?

I’ll be honest. Junior year can be a really exciting year, but it is also very challenging if you don’t manage your time well. Take extra time with your homework. Go to extra credit activities. Have monthly meetings with your teachers/advisors. If there was anything that I could have done differently at this school, I would have asked for more help.

Maty recently graduated Summa Cum Laude from West Virginia Wesleyan College (WVWC), and she couldn’t be more excited to return to the Her Campus family as a member of the Community Team.  Maty’s passion for writing has guided her through most of her adult life, and it eventually brought her to to the Her Campus Chapter Network as a Style Blogger for Her Campus WVWC. Maty would go on to become Campus Correspondent of her chapter, as well as an intern for Her Campus National and a Chapter Advisor.  Through her different roles at HC, Maty quickly fell in love with the mission and purpose of the Her Campus Chapter Network—and in her new role, Maty has the rare and coveted opportunity to do what she loves on a daily basis by working with a growing network of 360+ college chapters.    When Maty isn’t at the office, she’s usually out exploring, cooking some random recipe she found on Pinterest, or cuddling with her adorable corgi, Winnie.  Follow Maty on Twitter and Instagram !