Campus Survival: 5 Tips to Get You Through Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

Well, the time is here. The time that we have all been dreading this semester. Finals Week, the make or break moment in some classes and the home stretch until we are home free. As most of you know, it’s quite a stressful time on campus. Here are 5 ways that you can survive this finals week and come out on top:

1. Set Goals for the Day. Allow yourself a certain amount of time for studying each day. If you know you need to study for one class more than the others, allow for that time. And if you have to write a paper, or read a few chapters, you don’t have to do it all at once. Spread it out so you aren’t overwhelmed at once. 

2. Hydrate and Eat Healthy. As much as we all probably need a good dose of caffeine, don’t forget to drink water, too. Energy drinks are good for staying awake, but water will keep you healthy and hydrated. As far as food goes, try to stay away from the junk. Fruits and nuts can be great brain food, and are just as easy to bring to the library as a bag of chips. 

3. Study Groups. Although it’s good to have study time just for yourself, studying with a group can help you better understand things you didn’t before. Sometimes all it takes is an outside perspective to make something really click. 

4. Disconnect. Let’s face it, our phones are the most distracting thing we have. So, while studying, turn it off or put it on airplane mode so those notifications don’t tempt you to break away from your study time. 

5. Sleep. This is probably the most important tip I can give you. You’re no good showing up to a test mentally and physically drained from little to no sleep. Study all that you can, but don’t forget that sleep is important too. Not only does it relax you, but it also improves your memory and all your studying will get permanently locked in. 

Hopefully these tips help you have a productive finals week. Happy studying collegiette, and good luck on all of your finals! 

Maty recently graduated Summa Cum Laude from West Virginia Wesleyan College (WVWC), and she couldn’t be more excited to return to the Her Campus family as a member of the Community Team.  Maty’s passion for writing has guided her through most of her adult life, and it eventually brought her to to the Her Campus Chapter Network as a Style Blogger for Her Campus WVWC. Maty would go on to become Campus Correspondent of her chapter, as well as an intern for Her Campus National and a Chapter Advisor.  Through her different roles at HC, Maty quickly fell in love with the mission and purpose of the Her Campus Chapter Network—and in her new role, Maty has the rare and coveted opportunity to do what she loves on a daily basis by working with a growing network of 360+ college chapters.    When Maty isn’t at the office, she’s usually out exploring, cooking some random recipe she found on Pinterest, or cuddling with her adorable corgi, Winnie.  Follow Maty on Twitter and Instagram !