Campus Celebrity: Stephanie Johnson

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

“My wish for you is that you continue. Continue to be who you are, to astonish a mean world with your acts of kindness.” -Maya Angelou

If you attend Wesleyan there’s a very likely chance that you have run into this week’s Campus Celebrity, Stephanie Johnson! There’s something about her beautiful spirit and lovely, enthusiastic personality that makes it hard not to carry on a conversation with her! Don’t know Stephanie? Don’t worry! Here are a few quick facts about her!

Year: Freshman

Major: Elementary Education

Hometown: Martinsburg, West Virginia

Why Did You Choose Wesleyan: The moment I stepped foot on West Virginia Wesleyan’s campus, I realized that here I would matter. I wouldn’t be lost in a sea of 30,000 people. Here, I would have a voice and be able to get connected on campus in so many ways.

What Activities Are You Involved In At Wesleyan: I’m a Service Scholar, sister of Zeta Tau Alpha, on the Track and Field team, and am involved in weekly bible study.

Best Memory At College: The first time I went to bible study with all of my soon-to-be-sisters. All of the ladies welcomed me with open arms and that has not changed one bit. Tupac was even part of the discussion, which was awesome. But really, I felt so at home and so safe to speak my heart. That means the absolute world to me!

Favorite Food: My favorite food is Pepperoni Rolls, for sure. Maybe tamales too!

Hobbies: I love serving in my community, running, swimming, eating junk food, cheering my best friends on, planning surprises and sleeping.

Future Plans: To become the best darn elementary school teacher out there, be the best mom I can be, and maybe change the world a bit

Dream Job: I would love to become an elementary school teacher over-seas.

Any Special Talents: I like to make people smile. And a bonus, sometimes if I laugh hard enough I snort and hiccup at the same time.

What Is Your Spirit Animal: Jennifer Kirk

Favorite Place To Be: I love to be riding shotgun in the car with people you could never run out of things to talk about with.

Where Do You See Yourself In 5 Years: Living in a one bedroom apartment, grading tests, drinking Sunny D, and enjoying the view from my back porch

Any Advice For Your Past Self: Just because you’ve been treated like you’re worthless does not mean you are. Try not to let other people’s actions define you. Decide who you are, what you want, and who you want walking alongside you. Live your life accordingly.

For those of you who already know Stephanie Johnson, I hope you’ve learned a few interesting facts about your friend. For those of you who don’t already know her, I hope this makes you want to strike up a conversation with her soon! We know everything from her major to favorite food, so there is no excuse to not buy her a pepperoni roll or talk about education now! 

Junior Public Relations major. I have an obsession with my dog and every form of coffee.