Briana Shockey ’15: Alpha Xi Delta President

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

Very few people can hold a huge position in an organization and still continue to maintain their grades while obtaining a double major as well as a minor. However, Briana Shockey does just that! Briana is a double major in psychology and gender studies with a minor in political science. She is a service scholar, WE LEAD Animal Welfare team leader, and a member of the National Society of Leadership and Success.

Briana is the new president of Alpha Xi Delta. She has a goal to continue to make improvements in campus involvement, academics, and community service. She is looking forward to meeting and getting to know all of their future new members for the next two semesters and she is excited to see how they contribute to the sisterhood. Another thing she looks forward to is to continue building the chapter with the help of their amazing alumnae. She hopes that, at the end of her term as president, she teaches her sisters something valuable that they will keep with them forever because they have all taught her so much! Briana wishes people remember her by her passion and her honesty.

So, next time you see Briana in the gym or just on campus say hello and give her a pat on the back for being so great! There’s a lot to say for someone that works as hard as she does.

Campus Celebrity Columnist for WVWC
West Virginia Wesleyan College, English Writing and Communications major.