Amber Stewart ’16: 2014 MEC Heptathlon Champion

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

This week’s Campus Celebrity is a dedicated worker to both her academic and athletic commitments. Amber Stewart is a sophomore from Huntington, West Virginia. She is a Bio-Chemistry major, a sister of Alpha Delta Pi, and a stand out athlete on campus.

As a member of the Bobcat Women’s Track and Field team, Amber is constantly working very hard to be the best she can be. Amber competes in the 400 hurdles and the 4×400 relay. She also competes in the heptathlon, which takes extensive training, as it includes seven different events. For multi-conference, Amber trained to compete in the high jump, long jump, 200, 100 hurdles, 800, javelin, and shot put. Hard work obviously paid off as last weekend, Amber earned the first title as 2014 Mountain East Conference Heptathlon Champion. She also helped lead her team to winning the over all, Mountain East Conference Championship, which was held in Glenville.

Amber says, “After two long weekends, I’m so glad both teams ended up champions!” If you see Amber on campus, congratulate her on her big accomplishments and wish her luck on her finals!

West Virginia Wesleyan College, English Writing and Communications major.