Adventures With Olivia Hubbard

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

“Do not spend your life searching for a place to call home. Make the bones in your skeleton the only structure you need.” – Haley Hendrick

This week’s Campus Celebrity is the adventurous soul, Olivia Hubbard. When she isn’t in the English annex or working on her thesis, you can find her exploring the world!

Year: Senior

Major: English literature and philosophy

Hometown: Clay, W.Va.

Why did you choose Wesleyan? My mother and two of my older siblings are alumni, so I’ve grown up visiting campus, knowing this is where I would eventually come.

Best memory at college: Some of my best memories at college include nights that weren’t supposed to be anything at all, but because of boredom or circumstance became unexpected adventures.

Hobbies: My hobbies include hiking, rock climbing, reading and raising my wild dingo pup.

Future plans: I am not much of a planner, so this is not really something I’ve given much thought to. I will probably move into a commune.

Dream job:  I would like to own a humane and happy dog farm and write dramatic poetry.

What is your spirit animal? Koala bear. Like a koala, I also need to rest for twenty hours a day.

Favorite place to be: Honestly, anywhere as long as my pup, Cedar, is there.

Junior Public Relations major. I have an obsession with my dog and every form of coffee.