5 Ways To Stay Positive Every Day!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

Happiness.

Isn’t that what everyone wants?

Some may not believe happiness is what they desire most.

Maybe they say they want a good job, confidence, stylish clothes, or love.

But, all of these things lead to the same end – being happy and feeling content in life.

Sometimes remaining positive and finding happiness is a challenge, but there are ways to overcome your daily obstacles and keep a smile on your face!

Take A Risk

Sometimes it can lead to the best opportunity in your life! Step out of your comfort zone, try something new, and grow as a person.

Positivity can be found in learning new things and opening yourself to different experiences.

If nothing else, you get the joy of stepping out of the monotony of everyday life.

Minimize Your Expectations.

Having great expectations is a good thing sometimes, but often we build our expectations so high that realistically they are impossible to meet. Of course you are going to be let down if you are always expecting perfection or for things to go exactly how you planned.

The thing is, life isn’t perfect.

By minimizing our expectations to more realistic goals, we can put an end to setting ourselves up for disappointment and be happier in the moment.

Don’t Assume Others’ Intent

This can lead to hard feelings.

Maybe your friend didn’t meet you for lunch, or hasn’t been talking to you as much, but that doesn’t mean they’re upset with you or don’t like you. Too many people assume things about others before actually communicating with them.

So next time you are feeling low about the way someone you care about is acting around you, just have a conversation with them and avoid jumping to negative conclusions.

Guard Your Time.

Life is short, and although that is becoming a cliché phrase, it is so true.

Don’t spend your time doing things you don’t like or with people who bring you down. Find things you love to do and do them as often as possible. Don’t just settle for a job you don’t have a passion for. Spend time with people you love and who in return love you. Time is too precious to waste on people who don’t make you feel worthwhile and things that don’t make you feel happy.

Don’t Compare Yourself To Others.

No one has the exact same story, body, or personality. We are all unique for a reason, and comparing yourselves to others just downgrades who we are as individuals.

Everyone has their own strengths and beauty, and the faster we see our own talents and splendor, and stop comparing our behind the scenes to everyone else’s’ highlight reel, the happier we will be.

Let Go

Holding on to negative experiences or grudges doesn’t hurt anyone but you.

Release the negative vibes and replace them with positive ones.

The past is the past, so why hold on to things that upset you for any longer than you need to. 

Have a tip that keeps you positive in stressful times? Share with us on Twitter @HerCampusWVWC!

A public relations major with a passion for social media, the arts, and all things Disney, writer Corinne Weaver hopes to bring some Her Campus flare to WVWC. Weaver performs with the WVWC Theatre and Dance department, is a sister of Alpha Delta Pi, and interned at the National Aquarium in the Summer of '14! This Co-Editor-In-Chief will always love her close-knit hometown of Oakland, Maryland, but looks forward to opportunities to branch out in the future. Follow her @CorinneWeaver4 on Twitter and Instagram!