5 Ways to Start Out a New Chapter Right!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

Starting a New Chapter?

Here are some tips to keep your wellness at its peak.

Set New Goals:

Whether you are finishing another semester or graduating and moving along completely, setting new goals is an excellent way to keep you motivated and keep you happy. Having something to reach for gives people a feeling of purpose and that can improve our moods.

Don’t Expect too Much too Soon:

If you are graduating and still haven’t locked down that dream job…or any job, don’t stress about it. If you are truly working at the job search, the jobs will come. Don’t let fear or impatience ruin your happiness.

Exercise:

Summer is here now, and that means that at least for three months life will slow down. Use some down time to get fit. And if you are graduating, that means your life is soon going to fall into a normal routine, with normal sleeping hours, fit work outs into your schedule to balance your work day and your leisure time.

Take a Risk:

I would advise against taking a dangerous or unlawful risk, but do something outside of your comfort zone. Your college career has ended, or at least taken a recess for a while, so pick up that hobby you’ve always thought about, go on an adventure, talk to that cutie you have been eying up at the coffee shop, or apply for that dream position. You miss every shot you don’t take!

Do Something for Yourself:

Yes. Spoil yourself for your hard work. You have earned the right to buy yourself those shoes or get your nails done, or spend some money on a small getaway to celebrate your accomplishments. Life is all about giving, but sometimes you have to give to yourself too!

A public relations major with a passion for social media, the arts, and all things Disney, writer Corinne Weaver hopes to bring some Her Campus flare to WVWC. Weaver performs with the WVWC Theatre and Dance department, is a sister of Alpha Delta Pi, and interned at the National Aquarium in the Summer of '14! This Co-Editor-In-Chief will always love her close-knit hometown of Oakland, Maryland, but looks forward to opportunities to branch out in the future. Follow her @CorinneWeaver4 on Twitter and Instagram!